PDA

View Full Version : Information Sheet

idontknow
01-05-2007, 12:42 AM
In Zquest itself, there should be a place we can go to that lists all the sound effect numbers & what they are for. Likewise, another place to go to where it shows all the item class numbers & what that item category is (class 1 is for this item, class 2 is for that, etc.) Finally, a place we can go to that has a default list of enemies & their tiles, csets, & pallettes.

Perhaps in the "Misc." menu, an "Info. Sheet" option can be selected & then from there it would have various tabs: one for enemies, one for items, another for sound fx, and perhaps even another that lists all the possible script commands & what they do (for those that do know how to script)

Oh, and another tab that when clicked on, brings up a list of hot keys and what they do. Often times there are hot keys or combination of keys that are very effective yet not too many people know about them. Something like this would be nice so that we don't have to exit zquest & quit what we are working on to check this information out (which currrently we can only find out by browsing these forums)

CJC
01-05-2007, 01:05 AM
In Zquest itself, there should be a place we can go to that lists all the sound effect numbers & what they are for. Likewise, another place to go to where it shows all the item class numbers & what that item category is (class 1 is for this item, class 2 is for that, etc.) Finally, a place we can go to that has a default list of enemies & their tiles, csets, & pallettes.
The first two are great, and I would really enjoy something in the program that lets you know what those things do (I would hope they could put that in the txt help file. Everybody says there are tutorial quests out there, but I want a freaking help file that I can go through to see what everything does.)
The third... with the new enemy editor I don't think that listing the enemy pallettes will really be necessary. You could just check them in the editor.

What I'd like to see though is this placed in the help file (Which really needs to be updated). I know it's kind of out-of-date, but if they could just provide a list of flags, a list of combos, and a list of these ambiguous numbers and briefly explain what they do, it would be really useful.

Perhaps in the "Misc." menu, an "Info. Sheet" option can be selected & then from there it would have various tabs: one for enemies, one for items, another for sound fx, and perhaps even another that lists all the possible script commands & what they do (for those that do know how to script)

It should be in the help txt file. And... maybe just listing the basic scripting commands. Because there's so much possibility in that section, listing them all would be daunting.

Oh, and another tab that when clicked on, brings up a list of hot keys and what they do. Often times there are hot keys or combination of keys that are very effective yet not too many people know about them. Something like this would be nice so that we don't have to exit zquest & quit what we are working on to check this information out (which currrently we can only find out by browsing these forums)
I agree with this, and I wouldn't place this one in the help file with the other stuff. The hot-keys aren't real easy to figure out, and without easy access to the knowledge of their actions they can't be used to their full potential.