PDA

View Full Version : About Room State Carryovers

idontknow
01-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Alright, so i have 3 rooms. Each of them have an unlit torch with a burn flag on them and all of them have a room state carryover to the same room, a 4th room. My thought process was that if i set off 1 trigger in each of the 3 rooms one at a time and then returned to the 4th room, then 3 tiers of secrets would be triggered in the 4th room as well. This is NOT the case. What happens is that setting off any one of the 3 triggers does in fact set off the 1st tier of secrets in the 4th room, but when you trigger any 2 or even all 3 of the triggers, still only 1 tier of secrets in the 4th room is activated.

In other words, secrets triggered from room state carry overs cannot have multiple tiers. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it's just how the program is meant to work but it'd be nice if this wasn't so.

With this, you could make it so hitting 4 switches spread about a water temple allows the water to gradually rise in a particular room. Or lighting torches in a bunch of other rooms makes it so that identical torches become lit in another room.

Shoelace
01-04-2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah I think that is how it works to my knowledge. Each screen always just saves one secret and doesn't save the tiered secrets. That would be cool if this was possible but there isn't.

Freedom
01-04-2007, 02:58 PM
They haven't ever worked like that.
There is a way around that though, have the torches set triggers in the doors of the room you want triggered and then when you enter that room it will trigger all the the tiers.