PDA

View Full Version : Enemy questions

Master_of_Power
01-03-2007, 03:07 PM
How can you make an enemy change its attacks for a certain number of tics and goes back to its original attack? Have 3 attacks? 4?

And how would you make it change its attack and strength of attack depending on health?

How about color depending on health? Graphic?

How about a script that checks enemy's heath and shows a graphic for how much health it has?

I'm doing a scripting test, and I will ask questions along the way here.

And if you don't mind give it to me in simple English and perhaps an example of each.

C-Dawg
01-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Work with my enemy_ghosting script and your questions are all answered.

Changing attacks and graphics with health? Easy. Monitor the fire enemy you've ghosted, and when its HP drops to a certain level, change the FFC behavior. Simple as pie.

For instance, this code will bump the FFC to the next combo when the ghosted enemy's HP drops to ten.

if(ghosted_enemy->HP <= 10) {this->Data++;}

Master_of_Power
01-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Let me clarify what I ment. Regular Enemies. Sorry for the confusion. However, you did help me with that, I think, since as of yet I still suck at scripting, I don't know whats right and wrong, but anyhoo, I got yet another question.

If a FFC was scripted to mirror Link's movements and has a combo type/flag "No Enemies" would it push the enemy around?

jman2050
01-03-2007, 04:15 PM
As far as i know, no. No Enemies only prevent he enemy AI from going into that space. However, it can be overridden by assigning the X/Y via scripting.