PDA

View Full Version : Dmap Timed Warp

Linkus
01-02-2007, 03:33 PM
It's like the Screen Timed Warp, but all screens on that specific Dmap are set to the one continuous Timed Warp, except it doesn't reset if you go from one screen to another. This is mainly for Active time passage similar to that in OoT.

It's set up just like that of the Timed Warp for screens, but a few things added:

Use Timed Warp from Dmap"X"--Uses a timed warp from another Dmap.

Don't Reset Timer as you leave the Dmap--Doesn't reset the timer, meaning that whatever time was left remaining when you left the Dmap, you'll have that same time left as you reenter the Dmap or enter another Dmap that uses that specific Dmap Timed Warp.

Reset Dmap Timer:This is a more of a option for warps, but it resets the Dmap Timer(and overrides the above option).

Exact Coordinates--I'll give an example on how this works. The Dmap Timed Warp on Dmap 1 runs out, placing Link, who is on Screen 54, onto Screen 54 of Dmap 2. Simply put, whatever screen you're on of the Dmap with the Dmap Timed Warp, you are placed on the exact coordinates of that screen in the Dmap you specified where Link warps when the timer runs out. It's mainly meant to be time-saving if you are going to use two very similar Dmaps and every screen will warp to its look-alike counterpart on the other Dmap.

There's probably other ideas that can go along with this, but i can't think of them. What do you say?

The_Amaster
01-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Me likey, me likey. I just got a fiendish dungeon idea. Ceratin parts would be simple. I imagine, others notsomuch. Still, seconded.

Nimono
01-02-2007, 06:04 PM
You forgot one thing: Direct Warp. Oh wait... This'd qualify as a Timed Warp, so the Screen Flag Direct Timed Warp should work here... Though, it'd be nice if there was a "Direct Dmap Warp" option... Nice. Though, not only has it been suggested before, but I don't think the developers are even willing to CONSIDER this. O_o

Turbon714
01-06-2007, 12:46 PM
We could use this to emulate time passing in the quest. For example, an overworld changing from day to evening to night to day break and back to day and we can set events that only happen in the day or certain enemies appearing in the night. We can also use this for extremely hot dungeons in which, if you don't trigger a switch in the dungeon, you burn up and die in a certain period of time. This can also be used for emulating iron boots. We can make areas where like would have to dive and he will be warped into a underwater dmap, but underwater, unless he has a certain item, he will drown underwater (use of the Dmap timed warp) if he doesn't come up for air in a certain amount of time. Just a couple of ideas if this is implemented (which would be awesome).

-Turb