PDA

View Full Version : Couple of suggestions that should be easy to implement to what's there.

DarkFlameWolf
01-01-2007, 07:10 PM
A couple suggestions:
Can we double the amount of available dmaps to 512 if it hasn't been done already? I fear that we may run out of the 255 dmaps we have currently in Lost Isle and the quest may not get completed because of it. This is the more pressing of all my suggestions....

Also, can we double the amount of shop types from 16 to 32? Would help a lot for games that like using a lot of shops (like an upcoming quest idea I have).

Finally, is it possible to have the dialogue editor and other similar event editors (maybe signpost combos?) check for boss flags as triggers to see if they move forward in a string sequence? For example: A king gives you a quest via some strings, you go out, do the quest, beat the boss, trigger that boss flag, and come back. The king recognizes the boss flag has been tripped and moves onto the next string sequence indicating another quest. You go out, defeat a few enemies, one of them involving a second boss flag and get a nice item. In this case you have an option of having the item or the boss flag be the trigger which leads into the third quest string sequence and so on and so forth. Is this possible?

Petoe
01-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Oh forget about those Boss Flags already! Room State Carryovers is the way to go. ;)

But yeah, for a long time I've been hoping for more shop types and I can't create my next big quest with only 15 shops. :( Can it be so hard to add even a few more shops?

And more DMaps would also be nice. Quests are getting very big these days and 255 just isn't enough. As Wolfie said, it is very possible that Lost Isle will run out of DMaps and that wouldn't be fun at all...

CJC
01-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Well, as the Dmap and Shop numbers have been hexadecimal in the past, it would have to be increased in hexadecimal increments. So, the next upgrade from 255 dmaps would be 511 dmaps, and the next upgrade of shops from 15 would be 31.

Feasibly, though, that increase would only involve adding one extra bit to the limiter code, so this shouldn't really be that much of a problem to implement.
You have my vote.

_L_
01-02-2007, 02:21 AM
Since you must provide Shop Types to my new "Take Only One" room type, I'm certain that more will be necessary.

DarkFlameWolf
01-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Take Only One? Huh?

Shoelace
01-02-2007, 02:43 PM
On beta 15, I think there is a room type that has that "Take Only One" thing _L_ was talking about, DFW.

Lotus_Eater
01-02-2007, 02:51 PM
A store in which you may buy one item and then it closes, it was suggested somewhere else along the line.

Linkus
01-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Agreed. Active time change, large overworld maps with multiple layers on each screen, dungeons with several floors, and other ideas will require more Dmaps then usual, especially a quest that puts all of these together.

Which reminds me...
*goes to post a suggestion*

DarkFlameWolf
01-02-2007, 03:28 PM
so more shop types and more dmaps, guess that's a definite for the next beta.

Shoelace
01-02-2007, 03:59 PM
I know that when I asked this suggestion to raise the number of Dmaps, the reason was, that it would make the file size to big. So maybe there should a quest rule that says "Increase the Dmaps to 512" and also "Increase Shops to 50", so that it will only be bigger if we want it to be. And I am pretty sure that I will be using all of the Dmaps and would want 512 in my quest too. So hopefully this suggestion is considered.