PDA

View Full Version : Second Quest

shoes828
01-01-2007, 05:24 PM
I just finished the first quest, and it said to press the start buton to start the new quest. When it starts, I am in the far left top corner of the map, and stuck in rocks, with no way to move. What am I dong wrong?? Thanks in advance for your help/

erm2003
01-01-2007, 05:35 PM
There has been a problem when loading one quest from the next. Try starting a new quest file with the name ZELDA and you should be able to start the second quest just fine. In case you didn't know, you can also type ALPHA as a name to start Alphadawg's 3rd quest as well.

shoes828
01-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the help!!!

beth
01-14-2007, 09:14 PM
When you say "Try starting a new quest file with the name ZELDA and you should be able to start the second quest just fine." do you mean registering a players name as ZELDA? For some reason I can't type the letter "a" anymore when registering a name. And I tried to paste the word "ZELDA", but it won't let me paste either. Anything else I can do? Or am I just out of luck?
Thanks,
Beth

XMuppetSB
01-14-2007, 10:24 PM
When you say "Try starting a new quest file with the name ZELDA and you should be able to start the second quest just fine." do you mean registering a players name as ZELDA? For some reason I can't type the letter "a" anymore when registering a name. And I tried to paste the word "ZELDA", but it won't let me paste either. Anything else I can do? Or am I just out of luck?
Thanks,
Beth

If you can't type the letter "a" when registering a name, then maybe the "a" key on your keyboard is broken.

Nimono
01-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Or you're probably using the "a" key for something else, like... The "A" Button. Check your keyboard settings and see if you didn't set the "A" key to anything. Now, if it's the "L" or "R" buttons, then that's fine.

Questions
01-14-2007, 11:46 PM
Thanks,
Beth

If you set the A key to ZC's B Button then change when registering the name.

beth
01-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Thank you!! I did have it set as the "B" button. I was able to type ZELDA. However everything is moving really fast now. Is there anything I can do about that? Again, thank you so much for your help!
-Beth

Nimono
01-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Press the F1 key. That will fix it.

Oh yeah, if you'e using 2.10 or below, press the ~ key to speed things up a little bit until you let go. ;)

beth
01-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Excellent, worked like a charm! Thanks!!