PDA

View Full Version : Enemy Editor

LinkMaster500
01-01-2007, 03:11 PM
What is this Enemy Editor that's coming to the new version 2.5? As far as I know, you cannot use it to make brand new enemies, but you can change things like how many hits you must score to defeat them.

Is all that right?

DarkFlameWolf
01-01-2007, 04:27 PM
from what I understand yes.

Joe123
01-02-2007, 07:56 PM
would you be able to use it to make copies of exisiting enemies so as to have multiples with different graphics? because that would be very useful

The_Amaster
01-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Well, for that matter, why not include some blank enemies, like in the Item Editor, with soem VERY basic movement programs.

ShadowTiger
01-02-2007, 08:55 PM
would you be able to use it to make copies of exisiting enemies so as to have multiples with different graphics? because that would be very usefulI should say so. C-Dawg did it expertly using a script. The Roc's Feather is also somewhat derived from a script, seeing as it came right after the script. It would seem that many of ZC's new features are being introduced by its members, despite not even being Open Source. :blah: ... ... ... Heh.

CJC
01-02-2007, 10:37 PM
I was kind of hoping that it would allow for custom enemy animation selection (Like with Link's sprites), and--hell willing--2x2 tile extended enemies that match size with Big Link (Possibly with big hit box selection too).

But, as of yet, most of the Enemy Editor features are unknown. I do know that you can select the enemy's number of hearts and how many hearts they inflict, but aside from that the rest is a mystery.

The_Amaster
01-02-2007, 11:30 PM
I was hoping(hint hint to dev) for even bigger than 2x2 for custom bosses.

C-Dawg
01-03-2007, 10:13 AM
It's already scripted, basically. Check out the script showcase forum.

bigjoe
01-03-2007, 01:49 PM
I think he is referring to the feature by jman, rather than the script by C-Dawg.

I think that both the internal and scripted enemy editors will have their uses. ;) They could even be combined to do interesting things.

DarkFlameWolf
01-03-2007, 02:31 PM
from what I understand, you can alter their movement pace, their weapons they shoot out, their homing ability onto link, if they have 'shields' or not, if they teleport or not, what item drop set they will use, stuff like that. I'm sure there's much more, but it should be pretty versatile.