PDA

View Full Version : More Then 9 Magic Containers?

redmage777
01-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Have we gotten to the point yet where the Magic containers can be placed on more then one row? I was planing to have the magic containers Mirror the Heart containers. (Max 16 each.) If I understand it right, the Item editor allows you to alter the amount of magic used by items, as well as create 1/4 Magic containers?

Sorry If this is comming off as noobish.

ShadowTiger
01-01-2007, 12:16 PM
It might be possible to place more than eight in the subscreen editor, I'm thinking. :shrug: I mean, it's not physically impossible to place more than eight containers, and you can certainly enter any number that you'd like besides 1 through 8 into that prompt, so...

CJC
01-01-2007, 09:39 PM
No... I tried that and it doesn't work. You can place as many magic containers as you like in the editor, but when you enter the game it removes all but the first eight. (And by first eight, I mean the numbered containers 1-8)

I think this is a bug... though.

Stungun
01-02-2007, 04:06 AM
If there's a hard cap set on ANY counters, they should be removed. ZC is fully capable of handling more than 8 magic containers quite easily, IMO. There's no reason to restrict anything that doesn't have to be restricted. The only restrictions on these counters should be restrictions of the interger type (read, 65535, more if it's a long type). I've known ZC could handle up to 65535 Rupees for years before we even had customizable wallets, due to memory editing. And since we can move around life and magic container pieces, we should be able to get full use out of them.

Hell, me and a friend are working on a quest where that many magic containers are going to be there in the end; On the subscreen, there'll be a tiny gauge that changes color as it raises above 8 filled magic containers. The second gauge being layered over the first.

I mean, since the item sprite dialog now handles the caps for Life, Magic, Arrows, Bombs, etc.

jman2050
01-02-2007, 12:35 PM
As far as I know, there are no more hard caps besides those explicitly set by the items (the wallet for rupees for example). A simple item edit will get around the 'cap'

4matsy
01-02-2007, 04:09 PM
I tried it. The subscreen can indeed have more than 8 working magic containers; I put in 16, no problem. You'll have to edit the magic container item and put the max above 256, obviously. :p

But you'll have to actually buy or pick up the ones above 8; Init Data and the in-game cheat dialog refuse to take anything above 8, and the cheat dialog will automatically knock the magic containers back down to 8 if you even enter it...you don't even have to see the page with the magic containers textbox, just opening the cheat dialog is enough. :p

jman2050
01-02-2007, 05:03 PM
That would indeed be a bug. Heck, the whole cheat menu has to be overhauled to take into account custom items. Will hopefully be fixed in beta 16. If not, then 17.