PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate suggestion!- A suggestion to keep quest compatibility.

Nimono
12-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Yep. We all know that besides Lost Isle, ALL of DFW's quests require one of those versions lower than 2.10. Some of them (like Ganon's Claim) become unbeatable in Beta 15, because YOU MODIFIED THE INIT. DATA. Ganon's Claim starts you off with the Sword, but beta 15 prevents it from showing up. In other words, IT DOESN'T EVEN RECOGNIZE THAT YOU HAVE IT! So I propose a new quest rule to keep the compatibility! It'd be either "Increased Storage" (Or something like that) or "Old-style Init. Data". The former makes the Init. Data act like it did in all the previous betas and versions when it's off, and it acts like it does now when it's on. It's the other way around for the latter, though, and it's turned on for all quests started in versions/betas of a lower number, kinda like with Old-Style Warp Detection. This would help keep backwards-compatibility, which is EXACTLY what you want. The effect of the Init. Data I mentioned isn't a bug- It's part of the Init. Data change. It RUINS backwards-compatibility with the older quests, so... PLEASE?

Revfan9
12-30-2006, 04:33 AM
...I second this, and pull another member out of my arse to third it.

Limzo
12-30-2006, 07:21 AM
*climbs out of revfan's arse*

I third this. ZQuest could ruin everything in the quests if we were robots who don't understant anything.

The_Amaster
12-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Fourthed

_L_
12-31-2006, 10:07 PM
Yep. We all know that besides Lost Isle, ALL of DFW's quests require one of those versions lower than 2.10. Some of them (like Ganon's Claim) become unbeatable in Beta 15, because YOU MODIFIED THE INIT. DATA. Ganon's Claim starts you off with the Sword, but beta 15 prevents it from showing up. In other words, IT DOESN'T EVEN RECOGNIZE THAT YOU HAVE IT!

Or we could just consider this a bug (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=94861).