PDA

View Full Version : What are you reading?

biggiy05
12-29-2006, 01:20 PM
What's everyone reading right now?

I just finished The Da Vinci Code and now I'm reading Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Checkmate. I picked up Rainbow Six yesterday too.

Breaker
12-29-2006, 01:35 PM
Your post.

MrCow
12-29-2006, 01:48 PM
The Dark Tower IV Wizard and Glass
Been slowly reading through the series.. first time I've ever really found a book I've wanted to read leisurely.

MANDRAG GANON
12-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Your post.

Ditto, its a long hard read, but I think I am getting the just of it even if I don't understand the majority of what is being said.

If it counts I am reading the 1st Manga of Death Note.

As for novels I Just Finished Reading the Magicians Nephew from the Chronicles of Narnia.
I am re-reading Stone of Tears from the Sword of Truth Series. I should prolly finish reading Battle Royale now that I think about it too....

ShadowTiger
12-29-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm rerererereading Ender's Game, and am longing to find Ender's Shadow in the Library.

When I'm done with that, I'm sure I'll go back to When The Wind Blows. (James Patterson.) Could not put that book down.

I'm also reading through any number of the old PC Gamer magazines I have left over in my room from dumping them upstairs from a prescription that never seems to end.

gdorf
12-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Nothing but text-books right now. I got a little behind last quarter and I want to get started on the right track.

Modus Ponens
12-29-2006, 06:39 PM
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami. It's really cool. When I'm done with it I'll probably read Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, also by Murakami. Then I expect I'll re-read Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency and as many of the Hitchhiker's Guide entries as I can muster. (Hopefully I'll get through the first four because I've never read Mostly Harmless, and I'd love to have recently read the others before taking it on.)

mikeron
12-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Rakkety Tam by Brian Jacques and a math book on variational methods by one of my old profs.

Dragon Omega
12-30-2006, 12:43 AM
The Shogun.
Before that, it was some book about Harry Houdini. :mischief:

biggiy05
12-30-2006, 12:50 AM
The Shogun.
Before that, it was some book about Harry Houdini. :mischief:

Isn't that the series by James Clavell? It's one of five or six books in his Asian Saga series I think. My friend read it and said it was really good. What do you think about it so far?

You have a small obsession with that mischief smiley don't you?

Dragon Omega
12-30-2006, 01:02 AM
You probably were not a member of AGN since the last time I went on haitus.
When AGN got this ( :mischief: ), I said I would end every post with it.

And yes, it is by James Clavell. :mischief:

Lilith
12-30-2006, 05:21 AM
Lol, the Da Vinci Load.

I'm not reading anything because I'm poor and in the process of moving so fuck libraries.

DarkDragoonX
12-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Currently reading Margaret Weis' Star of the Guardians series. After that, I'll probably read Otherland again. Speaking of which, I should check to see if Tad Williams has a new book out yet.

Rainman
12-30-2006, 05:37 PM
Last I read was The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.

Modus Ponens
12-31-2006, 03:21 AM
This thread really reminds me of a StatShot that would appear in the lower-left corner front page of the print edition of The Onion (http://www.theonion.com/content/).

What Are We Reading?
24%: back of Grannies 'N Trannies II DVD case
17%: Cell Block E Winter Concert program
11%: some kind of gravometric interference out there that's blocking communications
41%: Angels and Demons
7%: Battlefield 2142 end-user license agreement

...or something like that.

Verman
01-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Interview with the vampire

phattonez
01-02-2007, 11:32 AM
The only reading I do is whatever I need to do for English (so usually, that means I just read Spark Notes). The last book though, was A Farewell to Arms, and I almost finished it until the final came up. It was pretty good up to where I read, I should go find it . . .

Darth Marsden
01-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Spike Milligan's biography. A trilogy of 7 parts, I'm currently on the fourth book. I'm also rerereading a Doctor Who episode guide, the name of which eludes me for the moment.