PDA

View Full Version : Freelancer's changes to ZC

Freelancer
12-28-2006, 09:31 PM
I've been working on a quest and during the construction process, I've noticed a few things that I would like to see edited. I appologize if any of these have been mentioned already or if there is some way around my problems (that doesn't involve Freeform combos)

1) Bomb-Next, Arrow-Next, Burn-Next, etc... combos
2) Direct-Warp is instantious rule/screen flag that causes direct-warps to directly warp the character as soon as he makes contact with it. Probably it is a bug, but if the character jumps onto a direct warp flag and doesn't move, he can avoid being warped.
3) More items for side-quests.
4) Variables: Basicly, we have a set of variables defined by the quest-maker that can be easily edited to do certain things. In one form, the variable could be "player name" which could be used in strings or perhaps variables triggered in some other way which can be used for if-then statements. I can't understand the FFC scripting language, so it'd help to keep this simple.
5) Side-View ladder which allows the character to climb without falling.

Thank you so much for these great betas. My hat is off to all you wonderful programmers who've dedicated their time and effort to making, what is in my oppinion, one of the best programs.

And by the way. I've noticed that my HC peice in the inventory is messed up and acting crazy. Is there some way to fix this?

- Freelancer

Edit: I wanted to add that the wizzrobes can appear on areas that I flagged with flag 96- No enemies, I also I would like to inform you that wizzrobes can both go there if they're teleporting or if they're floating.
Edit II: I resolved the issue with the direct-warps not being sensetive enough by unchecking the rule "use old-style warp detection"

_L_
12-28-2006, 11:23 PM
1) Bomb-Next, Arrow-Next, Burn-Next, etc... combos
I for one approve of the combo type flag "->Next" being applicable to most of the secret-triggering and otherwise modifiable combos. Isn't that right, Dark Nation?

3) More items for side-quests.
Already done!

5) Side-View ladder which allows the character to climb without falling.
Thanks for reminding me.

Edit: I wanted to add that the wizzrobes can appear on areas that I flagged with flag 96- No enemiesPoint taken!

Freelancer
12-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Thank you for reviewing my post, I'd like to just add some more things...

The direct warps do work properly even when combo-cycling is applied, I had for some reason checked "use old style warp" as a rule.

I would like to add 4 more things to this suggestion page however:

1) More Key types for dungeons. Now I do not know of any game that works quite this way, but it certainly would be a bit interesting to have for instance a blue key, red key, regular key, big key, and big key that could be used for various purposes in dungeons and in other instances.

2) Timed D-Map Warp

3) I've noticed that whenever I tried to make more sub screens, the new sub screens wouldn't save so I'd like to have that fixed.

4) Enemy status editor. Now here's an idea which could be tried. Instead of a full enemy creator system, we could just have a small section to edit the status (hp and attack) of the existing enemies.

5) More levels of the Summoner enemy. This would be great since the current one was put at the last level in my game. It's so easy to kill it since the character has the master sword and the gold ring.

I'll be sure to post any other changes to this program that I'd like to have. I'm not going to complain or feel bad if some ideas are too hard to implement or too useless. In fact, I'll try my best to work around such things and make an excellent quest that would clearly portray the creativity and intelligence which I've gained since the last time I've made a quest. It's very fun to use the quest-builder system and I appreciate how it is easy to make quests.

By the way: What are the items to be used for side-quests and are these in the future betas or have they been implemented yet?