PDA

View Full Version : Ocarina Question

The_Amaster
12-26-2006, 04:29 PM
This is more of a general Zelda question, but it relates ot my quest, so I put it here. In OoT, what is the ocarina called. I mean, do people reference it as "the ocarina of time", or the "time ocarina", or what?

Luigi
12-26-2006, 04:57 PM
There's two ocarinas in OoT- the Fairy Ocarina and the Ocarina of Time.

I think people generally call the latter the 'ocarina', though.

Joe123
12-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Who calls it the time ocarina :confused: It's never refered to as that in the game and it just sounds retarded >_<

Majora
12-26-2006, 09:06 PM
well, since OoT came out in japan first when you translate stuff from japanese to english, it's usually reversed. Possibly when they played it, they would refer to it as "Time Ocarina":gavel::think:

The_Amaster
12-26-2006, 09:18 PM
It's just that the Ocarina in my quest is THE ocarina of time, but if I just mention it as just the ocarina than it really doesnt convey it's function. Well, I'll just call it the Ocarina of Time.

_L_
12-27-2006, 01:12 AM
well, since OoT came out in japan first when you translate stuff from japanese to english, it's usually reversed. Possibly when they played it, they would refer to it as "Time Ocarina":gavel::think:

To be precise, it's called "Zeruda no Densetsu Toki no Okarina."

Also, the Ocarinas in LttP and LA don't have a name apart from "Ocarina" and "Whistle", but the identical one in the Minish Cap is called the "Ocarina of Wind", as it is a treasure of the Wind Tribe.