PDA

View Full Version : What's in your stocking?

mrz84
12-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Poking fun at those Capital One commericals aside, what'd ya get for x-mas? I gots me a mug from Dragon Omega that says Tellah's (in)famous line: "You Spoony Bard!" I am now giddy with joy. :D I also recieved the usual clothes stuff from my parents (some of it I actually did need, like socks. I go through socks very quickly. Damn things aren't sturdy enough) and I also got some pens in my stocking. Yay. My aunt sent us a Jack Black dual DVD set thingy. Mucho Lombre and some other movie he did. Can't remember what it's called... Also got a tin of various pop-corn flavors. Ya know, cheese, buttered-so-much-you-could-have-a-heart-attack, and caramel. And some red flavor stuff. Cinnamon I think. Nice.

Dechipher
12-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Are you sure it's not Nacho Libre?

I got Talladega Nights, Anchorman, Lady in the Water/Excalibur (I don't want Excalibur, it came with Lady in the Water,) and Jackass II when it comes out tomorrow. 25$ iTunes card and a 50 dollar card to Wal-Mart. I think I did pretty good.

algam86
12-25-2006, 06:39 PM
Edited. I had...well, I didn't even have a stocking, so everything was under the tree.

That's what I get for typing an answer without double-checking that first post. Sorry!

Jigglysaint
12-25-2006, 06:56 PM
I got a nice dragon statue (wish I had a digital camera), a $900 laptop (Gateway), some cologne, and some clothing. Pretty great, actually.

And a headache. u..u; Ow.

In your stocking, or under the tree?

It always bugs me when I see people getting over $200 worth of stuff in their stocking alone. Stocking stuffers are supposed to be little things. Even a CD should be under thet tree and not inside a stocking.

ctrl-alt-delete
12-25-2006, 10:50 PM

It always bugs me when I see people getting over $200 worth of stuff in their stocking alone. Stocking stuffers are supposed to be little things. Even a CD should be under thet tree and not inside a stocking.

Thank you, Mr. Clause. I am glad that your rules are global. :-p

MottZilla
12-25-2006, 10:56 PM

What if you got 200$ worth of ammunition for your brand new handgun? Is that ok mr. stocking police?

Jigglysaint
12-26-2006, 12:00 AM
What if you got 200$ worth of ammunition for your brand new handgun? Is that ok mr. stocking police?

I don't care. I just don't agree that higher value gifts go inside stockings. Then again, I am from the kind of family where it's traddition for the grandparents to put oranges and nuts inside stockings.

Besides, in my household, stockings contain specialty stuff I would normally not have, like candy, a few foodstuffs(that I never buy), and small items generally not worth the time to wrap. Oh yeah, and a toothbrush is also part of the traddition as well.

goKi
12-26-2006, 12:31 AM
I got mostly clothes, and a few things to tidy up the interior of my car, such as seat covers, etc. The only thing i wanted before the year was out was a Wii, and a new car. I got both.

And Jiggly, did you not consider that some people don't have stockings, or don't have all their presents under the tree?

DarkDragoonX
12-26-2006, 01:11 AM
If we're talking just the stocking...

An obscenely large quantity of chocolates and other candies. Not to mention the obligatory mandarin orange that my family always throws in each stocking which is supposedly some kind of old tradition, but really only succeeds in looking phenomenally retarded.

Dragon Omega
12-26-2006, 01:12 AM
...I refuse to disclose this information to you or ANYONE.
Seriously, I didn't really get anything of note...
and yes, he did mean NACHO LIBRE. :mischief:

Archibaldo
12-26-2006, 11:35 AM
In my stocking: Box of condoms, calendar with famous Quebec places, some pens, some candy, a CRACKED magazine, and shaving cream.

Under the tree: Some clothes, DS game and $100

Monica
12-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Well, we don't actually do stockings anymore, instead we did the 12 Days of Christmas. Mom buys candy and little things for each of us that's like 50 cents or $1, 12 things each total, wraps them and we open one a day starting on Dec 14th. My brother used to throw MASSIVE "just ONE present!" fits, so my mom came up with that little tradition. :D

As for the real presents, I got Twilight Princess for GCN (Amazing btw) Tales of the Abyss for PS2, and City of Heroes and Villians. Also 2 new shirts and 3 pairs of jeans. From my grandparents I got a big angel statue that plugs in and flashes like a nightlight. (I collect angels) I still have some money left over from my budget so I'll probably get some more RAM. (my PC holds 1GB and I have 768MB right now)

gdorf
12-26-2006, 03:00 PM
I got an ipod nano and a soldering station.

Merry Christmas everyone. :)

Daarkseid
12-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Not to mention the obligatory mandarin orange that my family always throws in each stocking which is supposedly some kind of old tradition, but really only succeeds in looking phenomenally retarded.

Yeah, my Christmas' have always had those oranges in the stockings. Everything else thats in our stockings, will vary quite differently from year to year. The orange stays the same though.

This year wasn't any different as far as the orange goes, and we didn't even use real stockings(brown paper bags with our names written on them).

Actually, our Christmas was generally low key; We put up no decorations, no christmas tree, nothing. Just got together in the morning and exchanged gifts.

The_Amaster
12-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Wheee...I got an iPod nano(2G), 35 dollars in Barnes and Noble gift cards, 25 dollar Best Buy gift card, an ornament, a subscription to National Geographic, 20 bucks, a basket of various chocolate candies, soap, and one thing I haven't opened yet, cause were at my grandparents and haven't been home yet to see what "Santa" brought.(Totalled from my 3 sets of grandparents, various aunts and uncles, and parents)

Jigglysaint
12-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Wheee...I got an iPod nano(2G), 35 dollars in Barnes and Noble gift cards, 25 dollar Best Buy gift card, an ornament, a subscription to National Geographic, 20 bucks, a basket of various chocolate candies, soap, and one thing I haven't opened yet, cause were at my grandparents and haven't been home yet to see what "Santa" brought.(Totalled from my 3 sets of grandparents, various aunts and uncles, and parents)

Ahh, three sets of grandparents. You are so lucky your parents don't love each other anymore because mine do and I got screwed in the gift department.(that and my grandparents are dead).

{DSG}DarkRaven
12-26-2006, 11:49 PM
I think most people here are listing what they got total, and not just in their big red sock (or equivalent). We usually have stockings full of knick-knacks (candy, silly string, deoderant, etc.), but not this year, for some reason.

Anyway, my gifts this year included: Mega Man Battle Network 5 Double Team DS (it's a mouthful, but the game shouts it at me every time I start it up), the Lost board game, some Bionicle Legos, one of those wind up LED flashlights, a $25 walmart card, the new Beatles "Love" album, and some clothes, which are functional and nice. There were other things that I can't remember right now.

On the subject of weird gifts, my sister, who is thirteen and very strange sometimes, decided to give my dad grapefruit. He likes the big ruby red texas kind, so my mom bought some for her to give him. And she wrapped them. All twenty-three of them.

darkknight
12-27-2006, 12:01 AM
All I got was a ps3 and a wii with all the games. I am thowing out the ps3 i hate sony.

The_Amaster
12-27-2006, 12:16 AM
O_O............
Dude say your joking. I mean, I don't exactly like Sony either, but a PS3 is like SOLID GOLD. Wellll...maybe not, but man, just getting rid of it? Tell ya what, send it to me.

biggiy05
12-27-2006, 12:16 AM
All I got was a ps3 and a wii with all the games. I am thowing out the ps3 i hate sony.

Will you throw your self out too? I'll give you a cookie.

I didn't ask for anything except some more tools. Some jeans, gift cards to bestbuy and a gecko door stop thing.

Feasul
12-28-2006, 03:58 AM
No Christmas, just Chanukkah, and my family does it the Jewish way: money. I got lots of money. The gift that keeps on giving, though I do miss the days when I could open up an actual present, which is why I love my friends. They not only get me physical stuff, they get me things I can use. From them I got some origami paper, an authentic FMA pocketwatch, a Naruto 2007 calendar, and a webpage (that friend has no money, it's all good). Unfortunately, I lack in the money department as well, plus I just don't get people gifts in general, so I also got some guilt. But, I did get one of my friends a gift: I paid for his entrance into a DDR tourney. He said I'm gonna find a ten dollar bill in my pocket, but we both know that ain't happening.

AlexMax
12-28-2006, 11:41 AM
I have two days of Christmas, Christmas with my family and Christmas with my dad, who is living out on his own now.

From my family, I got a digital camera, some replacement clothing, some stuff for my apartment (dishes, a new wireless router to replace the aging and unreliable router my friends and I already have), and The Office: Season 1 on DVD. From my father, various books (including The God Delusion, yay), a copy of An Inconvenient Truth on DVD, and a new set of 2.1 computer speakers.

Good luck trying to ebay that PS3. Pretty much everyone else is buying one for the same reason, and turns out that hardly anyone is buying them anymore. Your best bet is to return it for store credit, to join the other PS3's that are just sitting on the shelf. Use the return money you get for some Wii Store points cards and a second controller and save the rest.

Modus Ponens
12-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Merry Christmas, all, and Chappy Chanukah, as well. I had no stocking this year, as that tradition sadly seems to be on its way out in our family. Here are the wrapped gifts I got, then, in order of me recalling them right now:
Season One of Home Movies
Season Two of Home Movies
Season One of Futurama
Season Five of Columbo
Two (2) boxes of French Toast Crunch, Canadian recipie
The Onion: Homeland Insecurity
SkyMaul fake catalog
Three (3) nice sweaters from Mom
A radio-atomic clock
Kings Cribbage, a stupendously fun cribbage/Scrabble-style board game
One (1) pair black cashmere socks
Enough money to buy two neckties and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin and have a little left over

...I think that's it. Add to all that the splendid camaraderie of my large and friendly family, the chance to see my adorable little cousins, and a Tim Horton's doughnut, and it winds up having been a really awesome Christmas vacation.

VEL
12-30-2006, 05:13 PM
I doubt I'll be able to remember it all, but I'll list what I can, and maybe edit it later...

Mom & Dad gave me
$100 (though $75 is an IOU)
Rainbow shoelaces
Rainbow lanyard
Black & White checkerboard wristlet
Black & White striped socks
Rainbow stationary
Bunch of stocking stuffers in a clear plastic bag

Sister
Camo small backpack
Make-up case
Rainbow ball
Bracelets
3 Lego sets

Grandparents (Dad's parents)
Zelda Lttp GBA
Final Fantasy V GBA
$10

Grandparents (Mom's parents)
$100 (I got this before X-mas)
Bunch of various stocking stuffers, and some more $

Aunt & Uncle & Cousin
Bunch of various things including some $ and a Tamagotchi plush toy.

Brasel
01-05-2007, 05:32 PM
I got money from my dad, and then my wife found a Wii. So I bought that. I got some pliers and a shop vac too.