PDA

View Full Version : Nametags

The_Amaster
12-24-2006, 05:03 PM
For the dialoge editor it would be usefull to have something like a {NAME} tag, which when viewed in the actual quest displays the players entered name. I know several 2-D zelda games had this.

ShadowTiger
12-24-2006, 07:25 PM
I feel as if players will be able to do this simply by changing the color of the first word in a string, which is in fact the person's name with a colon after it. :shrug:

Ganondorf: Ah ha ha ha...

Zelda: Oh no!

EDIT: ... ... WOO! I'm a klutz. .. Or rather, .. eh, what is the word for that? Whatever the case, I'm going to bed.

Woppodie
12-24-2006, 08:15 PM
I think he meant that you would be able to use the name of the file for dialog. Say I name my file "Woppodie". The sentence "Come on, {name}!" would display "Come on, Woppodie!"for that file.

Shoelace
12-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Yeah that is exactly what he meant. That is a long time in the future but it would a nice addition. :P

beefster09
12-24-2006, 11:36 PM
Actually, It seems pretty simple. The filename is stored into a string, and it's inserted (recalled?) whenever it "sees" the tag. The only major conflicts would be word wrap, but maybe it could figure it out by knowing the biggest letter in the font, and simulating putting it in 8 times.