PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Questions About Item Passageways and Regular Passageways in Dungeons

Malstygian
12-24-2006, 03:41 PM
I've made an item passageway, but not in the exact design of the original LoZ item passageways (but that shouldn't matter). Anyways, I'm fine entering the passage and I can collect the item, but when I exit Link momentarily appears at the top of the screen, but then reappears in the desired passageway exit. I cannot figure out why this is happening - I even went so far as to look at the example quests and I'm pretty sure that I'm doing everything the same.

Could this be a bug in the tileset I'm using? I'm using some Link to the Past sprite set. I mean it's not a huge problem - it's just not aesthetically pleasing.

Secondly, I have a passage, but whenever I enter it from either end, I always appear on the right half. It should be that I enter it on the right half and then when going in at the other end, I should enter it on the left half. I looked at the example quest and it looks like I'm doing everything right. Again, not a big deal, but it seems kind of odd entering from two different points and you end up on the right side.

I have the item passageway on map 80 and the regular passage on map 81.

Any help or suggestions given would be appreciated.

Joe123
12-24-2006, 03:51 PM
I found that with my passageways, so to sort it out I drew out the passageway in a different place (basically anywhere on the Dmap but 80, 81 etc). But as you can only have one side warp per screen (or at least you can only make the top side go to one place) I made it strech over two screens. You could do that, or if your'e using one of the betas with multiple warps you do it with the tile warp and side warp - that was no good on 2.10 because you still ended up on one side.

Imprisoned
12-25-2006, 08:45 AM
This can't be due to graphics. Graphics are only the visual part of Zelda Classic.

The_Amaster
12-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Yeah, and your "always right" problem is wierd. I'm assuming you made it type passageway. It should make it so that it's proper going both ways. What version are you using?

Malstygian
12-26-2006, 04:13 AM
What version are you using?

2.10, but it's a moot point since Joe123's suggestion fixed the problem. Thanks everybody.