PDA

View Full Version : LttP tiles ARE hard to work with!

ECNM
12-23-2006, 02:46 PM
EDIT: Oops, I'm pretty sure this is the wrong place for this kind of stuff. Could anyone move it to the proper place?

I'm not sure if this appears in the SNES version of LttP, but in the GBA port there's some pretty messed up tiling.
Want an example? If you go right from Link's house a little bit, there's a bridge, right? If you go to the Dark World equivilent, take a close look at the water bordering the Dark World's version of the bridge. Pause. Point and laugh. I'm pretty sure there are some mess-ups at Lake Hylia and the swamp, too.

Now when you tile badly, you can use, "But Nintendo did it!," as an excuse. :D

Dart Zaidyer
12-23-2006, 03:03 PM
Hah! In that same area, go all the way up to the cliff in the upper-right corner. Look really carefully at the left side of that cliff and discover that for some reason, there's a corner tile where there shouldn't be... For no reason!

ECNM
12-23-2006, 03:22 PM
It's harder to tell in the Dark World, but I'm pretty sure that one's messed up in both worlds.

DarkFlameWolf
12-23-2006, 03:40 PM
I believe this topic would best be suited in general entertainment, since it doesn't specifically deal with ZC, the program. As for the goofs, I guess I've never bothered to look close enough to see the tile mistakes.

VEL
12-23-2006, 03:53 PM
I noticed some tile mistakes in BS Zelda before, when I remade the game in ZC, I put the mistakes in there to keep it accurate to the original.

DarkFlameWolf
12-23-2006, 04:20 PM
now that's what I call being true to the source Vel. :P