PDA

View Full Version : Quest Rules Help

Majora
12-23-2006, 12:33 PM
How Does "Old Style Warp Detection" work? What happens if it's checked, or unchecked?

Also, what about the "1.90 Style Tribble"?

ECNM
12-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Okay, Old Style Warp Detection is for older quests. It's considered to be on by default when playing a pre-multi warp quest. As I understand it, it ignores warps B, C, and D, while treating warp A as a generic warp. In other words, there's very little chance you actually would want to use it, unless you were upgrading an old quest into 2.11b/2.5(when it gets finished).

As for 1.90 Style Tribble... Well, I wasn't around back then, but I'm guessing it's meant for old quests. Considering it's for a type of enemy, maybe some people actually like using this one.

Nicholas Steel
12-23-2006, 09:38 PM
the tribble rule...

new style = when a tribble zol is cut it splits into gels... then you finish it off

old style = when a tribble zol is cut it splits into tribble gels that after time will transform back into tribble zols... so you gotta kill them quickly.

idontknow
12-23-2006, 10:54 PM
Why can't these be two different enemies, rather than a quest rule?

ShadowTiger
12-27-2006, 12:02 AM
new style = when a tribble zol is cut it splits into gels... then you finish it off

old style = when a tribble zol is cut it splits into tribble gels that after time will transform back into tribble zols... so you gotta kill them quickly.... ... But ... .. that's .. .. How..

O_o'

The "Old Style" you described is describing a normal Zol. There are Zols and Zol Tribbles. (And the accompanying Gels and Gel Tribbles.) Gel Tribbles eventually turn to Zol Trib.. ...

I got it. I think the behavior is that the Gel Tribbles turn into NORMAL Zols with the new behavior, and into Zol TRIBBLES With the old behavior. Is that it?

The_Amaster
12-27-2006, 12:12 AM
MY HEAD HURTS. If their Zols, why are they Gels, or what?....owwwww.

EDIT: Ok, I have it now. But my head still hurts.

redmage777
12-27-2006, 04:18 AM
I thoght it was:

Old (1.90)
Zol Tribble-> 2 GelsTribbles-> 2 Normal Zols-> 2 Normal Gels-> END
New (Current)
Zol Tribble-> 2 GelsTribbles-> 2 Zol Tribbles-> REPEAT

Quests made with 1.90 sometimes depend on the Old Tribble behavior, else they become unintentionally near-impossable to beat. The Zols reproduce out of controll as the player trys in vain to slay them all. There are a few quests where this was a big problem.

Nicholas Steel
12-27-2006, 07:09 AM
yea i was trying to explain it like redmage just did... sorry for being confusing... but what redmage said is 100% right.