PDA

View Full Version : Okay, who has it now?

ShadowTiger
12-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Okay, I've been working on the quest a little bit in the past week or so. My main focuses with the quest right now are as follows:

Rearranging the Tiles Page to create more tilespace. This might mean deleting several unused general entities and tiles pages.
Further rearranging of the Combo Pages. I saw all the houses that are all of entrance type [Cave A] etc, ... yeah, that needs an overhaul. :p Again, major thanks to koopa and DN for their remarkable ability to move combos aside on the combo page. It's honestly been a lifesaver, among other delicious candies and holiday treats. ... And a puppy.
Combining the previous two points will also lead me/us down the path which will find ourselves with a fully developed series of both relational and Dungeon Carving mode setups for ... well, ... a lot more than we had previous had. ;) This includes land masses and lakes and such.
I may or may not be building about a dozen little caves. Just brief one-room things. That is, -AFTER- I assign all these caves that people were nice enough to build an entrance from and to the overworld.
One of these days, I'm going to figure out what in the eight planar hells the L is trying to do with these plateaus to the east/southeast of the Forest Temple. It's like all the work with the hookshot you can put in leads you -FROM- the harder to access point -TO- the easier point to access.
Gotta finish up the volcanic area to the Southeast. >.>' I also need to set up those thieves hideouts. Nothing hard, really. Just need some thief sprites. Can anyone donate a few from ALTTP? Shouldn't be hard. :P
I may consider reworking a few of the sprites. I almost feel like adding a few new swords which go up in increments of damage scales, rather than the full blown class scale of 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. I want to see a 1.5, 2.5, etc. THAT Would be awesome. ;) (You hear me, L? :p )
Okay, we NEED new Link Tiles. I'll see what I can drum up, but they'd probably only be temps. We should also allot space for the Link Tile Mod areas. I really am more inclined to put them closer to tiles page 0 than to tiles page 205, so... yeah, ... but we'll see what other people think. Guys, reply to this one please. ^_^'

Grand.

_L_
12-22-2006, 11:40 AM
One of these days, I'm going to figure out what in the eight planar hells the L is trying to do with these plateaus to the east/southeast of the Forest Temple. It's like all the work with the hookshot you can put in leads you -FROM- the harder to access point -TO- the easier point to access.
Well, isn't there some kind of tree that you can burn, which is on one of the plateaus? (And another such tree?)

(Also: when cliff combos are added, I'd like to make it so that the hookshot and other projectiles are blocked from appropriate directions by the cliff)

I may consider reworking a few of the sprites. I almost feel like adding a few new swords which go up in increments of damage scales, rather than the full blown class scale of 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. I want to see a 1.5, 2.5, etc. THAT Would be awesome. ;) (You hear me, L? :p ) Well, that's probably the least you could expect from, let's say, some kind of "item editor" - which is supposedly jman2050's department.

Okay, we NEED new Link Tiles. I'll see what I can drum up, but they'd probably only be temps. We should also allot space for the Link Tile Mod areas. I really am more inclined to put them closer to tiles page 0 than to tiles page 205, so... yeah, ... but we'll see what other people think.Tip: in the next beta, there will be charging walk tiles as well. For the sword only - not for the hammer. Make of that what you will.

P.S: Here's another thing that needs to be done: fix up the door combo sets.

ShadowTiger
12-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Well, isn't there some kind of tree that you can burn, which is on one of the plateaus? (And another such tree?)Ooh, forgot about that. Good one. Just sort of looked odd how the sequence of hookshots ended near a place you're more likely to be than not. So what sort of secret would you like to see in that burnable tree? It's obviously one of the more "significant" ones, so... Yeah, you can name it. :)

(Also: when cliff combos are added, I'd like to make it so that the hookshot and other projectiles are blocked from appropriate directions by the cliff).. .. Forgive the question, but how the hell do plan on doing that? :odd: I know that The L's power is great and all, (I love saying things like that. Makes it sound so epic.) but how are you going to differentiate between directions? Will you have eight kinds of cliff combos signifying the eight possible directions of motion? (Okay, maybe just four.) It wouldn't be that tedius, really, I guess, ... though I would actually advise eight, considering that ALTTP has a lot of diagonal mountains. Knowing you though, you'll surprise everyone with a single combo type and blow everyones' minds. It's certainly happened before, ... >.>'

Well, that's probably the least you could expect from, let's say, some kind of "item editor" - which is supposedly jman2050's department.Right. L_L' I was just thinking in terms of floats rather than whole numbers. Not too much of a difference, right? I mean, if you can put in "5" under a Sword Class type level and have a sword that surpasses the Master Sword, that deals with some sort of multiple, right? I don't see why that multiple couldn't be applied to a decimal placed in that field as appropriate. :shrug: (Of course I don't. I didn't code it.)

Tip: in the next beta, there will be charging walk tiles as well. For the sword only - not for the hammer. Make of that what you will.So Link can't move while charging the hammer? Sounds fine by me. There are four directions of charging, I take it. If only an OoT-type charge effect could be in place, where instead of holding the sword out in front of him, he'd hold it in back of him. I could certainly draw that.

P.S: Here's another thing that needs to be done: fix up the door combo sets.I think I know what you mean. I'll take a look at them.

_L_
12-23-2006, 12:00 AM
Ooh, forgot about that. Good one. Just sort of looked odd how the sequence of hookshots ended near a place you're more likely to be than not. So what sort of secret would you like to see in that burnable tree? It's obviously one of the more "significant" ones, so... Yeah, you can name it. :)
If you check the quest file, you'll see that the stairwell beneath that tree already leads somewhere. Currently, it concludes with an entire Heart Container, but I'm planning on switching it with one of the new scrolls or rings in beta 16.