PDA

View Full Version : Holes concept

ECNM
12-21-2006, 10:25 PM
I've got an idea of how to setup LA style holes. But, I understand L is eventually going to add an actual hole/drowning system. So... Do you think I should give the holes thing a shot? It won't be a universal system, and it'll require editing for each screen that has holes, but it should work.

BTW, this is my idea:
There are two scripts to be precise.

One as a "controller":
*If the map and screen are not the same as the map and screen stored in variables, store the old map and screen into a "last map" and "last screen" variable, and the new map and screen into a "current map" and "current screen" variable.
*Set the x and y posistions that Link will "warp" to after falling depending on the last map.
******Due to the way I would have it function, all the screens that lead to the one with holes would have to have a controller as well******

One as the actual hole:
*If Link's posistion is within, oh say, 5 pixels of the FCC's center, he is moved to a place where he can't be seen. The FCC changes to a combo of Link falling.
*Then, Link takes damage, and is moved to the posistion set by the controller.
*And, of course, the FCC is changed back.

Would that work? Even if the script isn't needed I'd like to go ahead and make it, just to see if I've got a proper grasp on things.