PDA

View Full Version : So apparantly,

SUCCESSOR
12-21-2006, 12:14 AM
My cousin, Josh, (by his word) just swallowed about 4 handfuls of crystal drain-o. He called me waiting for an ambulance after calling poisen control who told him what I knew, there's little the paramedics can do for him but provide comfort. And what do you do? The comfort of denial is fragile at best and realization is unpleasantly coming. What can you do?

Breaker
12-21-2006, 12:16 AM
What can you do?

Get online and post about it, I guess.

Archibaldo
12-21-2006, 12:26 AM
Why did he eat 4 handfuls of crystal drain-o?

SUCCESSOR
12-21-2006, 12:31 AM
Well let's see. I can post about it here and let off some of the anxiety or tell someone close. The only 2 available are my sister or my girlfriend. But really why drag anyone else down with this worry.

I don't know why.

SUCCESSOR
12-21-2006, 12:34 AM
Why did he eat 4 handfuls of crystal drain-o?

Ok really, what kind of stupid fucking question is that? He wanted to kill himself you fucking retard! What other intent could one have? You wanna know why he wanted to kill himself? Do you have some kind of daytime tv fix you need to get? Cuz his life is shit and he decided to cop out does that spice up your night?

Dragon Omega
12-21-2006, 12:53 AM
Well, he could have been high on something, so that's probably why he asked ( by he I meant your cousin, not Archibaldo. ) Obviously, that has been cleared up. Now, setting that aside, there is nothing that can be said in a moment such as this. :mischief:

Breaker
12-21-2006, 01:01 AM
Ok really, what kind of stupid fucking question is that? He wanted to kill himself you fucking retard! What other intent could one have? You wanna know why he wanted to kill himself? Do you have some kind of daytime tv fix you need to get? Cuz his life is shit and he decided to cop out does that spice up your night?

Just because your cousin is a failure at life doesn't mean you get a free pass to start flaming people. What kind of questions did you expect people to have when you made this thread anyway?

Lilith
12-21-2006, 02:37 AM
I thought Draino didn't actually kill you unless you were like a kid, just make your life hell for awhile. That's a pretty dumb way to go :(

SUCCESSOR
12-21-2006, 02:47 AM
Depends on the amount. In this case size of handfuls. Apparantly he didn't know what he was getting himself into so it could have been a lot or just as easily a little.

Eitherway the end result isn't pretty.

Lilith
12-21-2006, 03:34 AM
Well let us know if he dies or just gets his intestines shredded :( !

AlexMax
12-21-2006, 04:34 AM
He wasn't trying to kill himsefl. There are many more effective ways of killing yourself than that. But he tried to poison himself with drain-o. And then he called you.

Hope he enjoys puking his guts out and his subsquent observation.

AtmaWeapon
12-21-2006, 12:02 PM
The only reason anyone tries something like poisoning as a suicide method is because they don't want to die but they do want attention. The body is designed to be extremely resistant to death and in the case of most household toxins that are designed with a little safety in mind the only result is a long, agonizing period of "why did I do this" followed by permanent injury or death if you manage to dose yourself enough. I know people that have eaten entire medicine cabinets full of prescription drugs and the result was 2 weeks in the hospital and increased parental supervision forever.

Had he really wanted to die, he'd have chosen a method of suicide that is known to be painless and effective, rather than "Hey maybe if I eat enough of this I'll die fast who knows?"

I am sorry you are having to go through this and I am sorry for the life issues that make him feel like it's better to die. However, if he survives this you need to make sure to remind him that he is a failure at suicide and shouldn't even bother with it ever again; write it on the bag he'll have to poop in or something.

Jigglysaint
12-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Wow that's pretty terrible news. I remember the time my brother was admitted to emergency because of alcohol posioning, but it was accidental though.

It seems to me that more and more people are slipping by society and believe they require somthing really dangerous in order to be noticed. I have thought to myself on occasion of getting in trouble with the law in order to get more attention in the form of psychological help, but I have friends that I can lose, so I can't.

Anyway, I hope that he is still alive and he will get the help he truely needs. Still though, to see family willingly hurt themselves must have been quite an ordeal. My heart is with both of you.

Archibaldo
12-21-2006, 02:47 PM

If he wanted to kill himself then why did he call poison control? Don't call me a retard when you're the one who didn't provide a backstory.

Besides maybe he was doing a dare or something, if you're dumb enough to try to kill your self with drain-o, then you're probably dumb enough to do it on a dare.

mrz84
12-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Personally, I think he shouldn't of eaten the drain-o (but who here hasn't said that already?) and should just have gone on with his life. If it were a suicide attempt, he could have done something much less painful and much quicker (Though I do not recommend suicide to ANYONE! I believe it to be for cowards. Unless you're a bushido kinda guy/gal. That would make it your thing and I would respect that to a certain degree, but I ramble...)

Verman
12-23-2006, 12:39 PM
wow...mrz84 is brilliant!

As it is the goof isn't going to die and if he does, guess that solves that problem doesn't it?

Dechipher
12-23-2006, 01:19 PM
How heartless we are on the Internet.

biggiy05
12-23-2006, 01:29 PM
How heartless we are on the Internet.

Of course. Anyone can be a hard ass when they are behind hide behind a computer screen.

He swallowed the drain-o that is his fault. If he wants to take the cowards way out of life then let him.

Breaker
12-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Of course. Anyone can be a hard ass when they are behind hide behind a computer screen.

I'm pretty much the same anywhere. :(

The_Amaster
12-23-2006, 09:21 PM
You know, this may make me a couple enemies, but so far I've been appaled by what I've read in this thread. Anonymity is no excuse for just plain insensitivity.

Archibaldo
12-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Anonymity is no excuse for just plain insensitivity.

Yes it is.

Breaker
12-24-2006, 02:28 AM
If you have "enemies" on an internet forum as obscure as this one and you're losing sleep over it, you should probably swallow some drain-o too.

Dragon Omega
12-24-2006, 03:14 AM
Actually, I'm insentive in real life, maybe more so than on the internet ( but I can't prove that. ) :mischief:

The_Amaster
12-24-2006, 09:59 AM
My point is, attempted suicide is a VERY serious matter. I know my school district is having a problem with is(5 + in the last 1 1/2 years, I believe) And I know the trauma that friends and reletives can go through, admittadly not firsthand, but some of my friends have known people. If were going to beat up on this guy for swallowing drain-o, do we have to call him names?

MrCow
12-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Internets - SERIOUS BUSINESS

mikeron
12-24-2006, 01:22 PM
The only reason anyone tries something like poisoning as a suicide method is because they don't want to die but they do want attention.Or they want to hurt others with guilt. SUCCESSOR should go kick his cousin in the balls.

FYI, I'm a total vag IRL.

Breaker
12-24-2006, 02:54 PM
If were going to beat up on this guy for swallowing drain-o, do we have to call him names?

I'd rather beat up on Successor and the kid's family for not realizing he was suicidal and institutionalizing him before he tried to kill himself in the first place. It's not like people just suddenly decide to kill themselves out of boredom.

Lilith
12-24-2006, 04:54 PM
I'm more interested in what actually happened to his body.

The_Amaster
12-24-2006, 05:13 PM
I'd rather beat up on Successor and the kid's family for not realizing he was suicidal and institutionalizing him before he tried to kill himself in the first place. It's not like people just suddenly decide to kill themselves out of boredom.
Too many parent these days are just out of touch with their kids. I mean, they don't know whats going on in their lives, scarier, many of them DON'T CARE whats going on in their kids lives, they let them do whatever they want, get messed up however they want....

Masamune
12-25-2006, 01:21 AM
This shit's borderline pathetic.

Hope your cousin pulls through, man. That's really shitty.

Breaker
12-25-2006, 10:49 PM
This shit's borderline pathetic.

Hope your cousin pulls through, man. That's really shitty.

Didn't you stab yourself in the chest once? Or were you just making that up for attention?

Verman
12-28-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm in with you Breaker.... kid needs a slap.

So does biggliggly... I am the same way in reallife. I don't really care what people think of me and any retard who takes something or cuts themselves then calls someone about it is looking for attention... to fix that problem let them die or slap the fuck outta them.

My girlfriend works at one of those troubled teens shelters and she always has stories about teens who do something stupid like that and then start crying and tell everyone. they of course have to be all nice and calm them down...i'd tell them to go die in the corner and shut the fuck up. so either the kid would stop being an idiot or would die...either way problem solved.

its the quiet kids who actully do something... the ones you find face up in a tub.