PDA

View Full Version : Hack Wii Virtual Console to Find Out Upcoming Games

Warlock
12-20-2006, 04:03 PM
http://followingrevolution.wordpress.com/2006/12/19/hacking-the-virtual-console-what-titles-are-coming-soon/

Apparently through the use of a Firefox extension you can fool the Virtual Console website into thinking your firefox browser is a Wii and view the pages for upcoming VC games. Looks like Urban Champions, Toejam & Earl, Super Mario Bros, R-Type, Dungeon Explorer, and Baseball are the next set of titles we'll be getting.

Dart Zaidyer
12-20-2006, 04:48 PM
That's a pretty clever trick. I wonder how Nintendo will try to deal with it, if at all?

Pineconn
12-20-2006, 11:11 PM
Oh, the Big N will. I'll guarantee it.

Grasshopper
12-21-2006, 12:02 PM
I think those games are coming out on Monday.

The lastest issue of Nintendo Power magazine lists all those games anyway, so right now, its not that big a deal. Plus you don't have go any farther than the ESRB website to find some "other" games listed. Search for all Wii related games, and you'll find games like Pilotwings, Kirby's Adventure, and Street Fighter II: The World Warrior.

I'm not sure if any of those games are out yet on VC, but ESRB has them rated already.

MANDRAG GANON
12-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Oh Kick ass, I'm getting Toe Jam and Earl for sure.

I'm too lazy to try this out but its pretty neat none-the-less.

Warlock
12-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Looks like those were only half right:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156068

December 25
Super Mario Bros: 500 points, NES
Toejam & Earl: 800 points, SEGA Genesis
R-Type: 800 points, Turbografx 16
Street Figher II: The World Warrior 800 points, SNES
Super Castlevania: 800 points, SNES

January 1
Urban Champion: 500 points, NES
Baseball: 500 points, NES

So yeah, actually better.

MottZilla
12-21-2006, 08:27 PM
8$ for an imperfect port of Street Fighter II WW that is digital file is bullshit, not even a cartridge. 8$ for a SF2WW SNES cart, sure. ROM file, nope. To give you some comparison I was able to buy the actual arcade Street Fighter 2 CE for 10$. So why spend nearly that much for a virtual copy of limited rights.

War Lord
12-21-2006, 08:37 PM
I've already spent $70 on VC games and I'm sure other have made the service a success as well. If people are buying the games, Nintendo will keep the pricing structure the same, but I feel the prices are fair.

I'm more than willing to buy games to play instantly on my wii at will, rather than acquire the actual cartridge or download the rom.
It's just convenient to exit out of Zelda, Super Swing Golf, or whatever I'm playing and jump right into a classic game.

Warlock
12-21-2006, 08:57 PM
8$ for an imperfect port of Street Fighter II WW that is digital file is bullshit, not even a cartridge. 8$ for a SF2WW SNES cart, sure. ROM file, nope. To give you some comparison I was able to buy the actual arcade Street Fighter 2 CE for 10$. So why spend nearly that much for a virtual copy of limited rights.

Think of it this way: SF = Capcom Support = Awesome stuff in the future.

MottZilla
12-21-2006, 10:19 PM
No... think of it this way, buy Dead Rising and Lost Planet for X360, more awesome stuff from Capcom on 360. ;p

I'm sure it's convient, but so is my modded Xbox. *shrugs* Nintendo could never sell me on VC unless they had a complete library and better pricing.