PDA

View Full Version : MGS4 *NOT* PS3 Exclusive?

Warlock
12-18-2006, 11:01 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/17/heightened-rumor-metal-gear-solid-4-not-a-ps3-exclusive/

The rumors that Metal Gear Solid 4 is not a PS3 exclusive continue to snowball. A little over a month ago came the first wave of speculation and the idea even graced the cover of EGM. Fanboys screamed and raged, "Kojima-san owes way too much to Sony to stab them in the back like this, his honour would be tarnished forever and the Japanese care deeply about their honour." Konami's PR simply said, "Metal Gear 4 [sic] is a PS3 title."

Now website Noooz states they have "exclusive" information that MGS4 is coming to Xbox 360. We spoke directly with the editor of Noooz, Daniel Boutros, who has been around the industry for a good bit. He says his source for the information is quite high up, "I rarely run with anything unless I'm 100% confident. I rarely break news stories as you can see." He jokes that from now on he's sticking to opinion pieces after the storm of comments his site received.

Boutros' source says that MGS4 will be coming to the Xbox 360 shortly after the PS3 release. The source says Konami is concerned that there will still not be enough PS3 units out there to make the game profitable. This is the same rationale being used by many publishers, including Ubisoft, to jump off the exclusive bandwagon. Somebody has to pay the bills and the wider the net, the more money publishers will make. We, along with probably everyone else, will be following up with Konami and Microsoft for comment tomorrow. This story isn't going away until somebody sneaks up on it from behind, chokes it senseless and drags it into a storage locker.

w00t, let's hope the same happens with Final Fantasy XIII and then there will be zero reason to buy a PS3.

Grasshopper
12-18-2006, 05:47 PM
Hmm, this sounds like the same Circle of Death that happened to Nintendo.

MottZilla
12-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Haha. Capcom did that with its GC titles, eventually moving them to PS2 to rake in more cash. The thing is I've heard both about MGS4, that it's going to be on 360, and that absolutely not it won't be on 360. And I have to say I can't really care which it will be on. MGS3 really didn't do anything for me.

Warlock
12-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Right, I've never really cared about the MGS franchise, but at the very least this could mean Sony is losing one of it's main exclusives. PS3 sales are going to drop hard if it's true.

AtmaWeapon
12-18-2006, 06:32 PM
For sales to drop merchandise has to be on the shelves http://www.atmaweapon.org/images/emot/laugh.gif

Warlock
12-18-2006, 06:33 PM
For sales to drop merchandise has to be on the shelves http://www.atmaweapon.org/images/emot/laugh.gif

It will be by the time MGS4 actually gets released.

Whether or not people will still be lining up to buy one though once eBay sales have bottomed out.....

Yoshiman
12-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Things aren't looking too good for Sony. First they lost Assassin's Creed as an exclusive, and now possibly Metal Gear. Even though I'm not too big a fan of the series, there are a lot of people who are. If for some reason they lose Final Fantasy, they're done for. Nintendo had a few first party titles to keep it from going under, but Sony could have some trouble.

We can only hope Final Fantasy XIII goes multi-platform. And that it's even worth getting. :p

Actually, my mum said she saw a few PS3s on the shelves while Christmas shopping. O_o
Yes, she actually knows the difference between the XBox 360, Wii, and PS3.

ONeilcool
12-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Actually, my mum said she saw a few PS3s on the shelves while Christmas shopping. O_o

Chances they weren't acutally PS3's, just empty boxes. My local Gamestop store has had empty Wii boxes that say "$249.99" on their shelves. The funny thing is they have been there since months before launch

Nicholas Steel
12-18-2006, 11:07 PM
Things aren't looking too good for Sony. First they lost Assassin's Creed as an exclusive, and now possibly Metal Gear. Even though I'm not too big a fan of the series, there are a lot of people who are. If for some reason they lose Final Fantasy, they're done for. Nintendo had a few first party titles to keep it from going under, but Sony could have some trouble.

We can only hope Final Fantasy XIII goes multi-platform. And that it's even worth getting. :p

Yes, she actually knows the difference between the XBox 360, Wii, and PS3.

theyed just make a billion varioations of crash bandicoot games xD and we'll laugh at there craptasticness.

Warlock
12-21-2006, 03:24 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/21/virtua-fighter-5-smacks-ps3-heads-to-360/

Another decently big title no longer exclusive. Sucks to be Sony right now..

MottZilla
12-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Warlock, decent isn't the word for VF5. In japan is pretty damn huge.

Warlock
12-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Heh, well I don't know much about the franchise. Either way, it's a huge blow to Sony