PDA

View Full Version : OoA Harp of Ages

Woppodie
12-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Is there any way that I could use the whistle to emulate the Tune of Ages/Currents? I know I could very easily emulate the Tune of Echoes (a whistle flag), but don't know how to do the warp anywhere and come back if you are on an unwalkable combo deal. Also, in case it matters, I am using Beta 14. Thanks!

Imprisoned
12-18-2006, 03:00 AM
There's only one tune at the moment... and you can set the whistle warps in Quest > Misc Data > Whistle Warps

Woppodie
12-18-2006, 08:07 AM
I know there is only one tune, but is there a way to have it transport you from one square on one map onto the corresponding square of the other?

The_Amaster
12-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Oh, yeah, THATS easy. It's the other part of what you want that could be tricky. Just set the whistle activated combo to a tile warp that looks like the ground, set it all over the ground, and make it type "Direct Warp" to where you want to go.

Woppodie
12-18-2006, 09:16 AM
I was afraid of that. Would that use up all secrets on each screen that had them? And also, how would you deal with warping onto an object? Probably with a return direct warp. That would be so time consuming... If there isn't a way to do it without placing each individual direct warp, a portal system it is...

The_Amaster
12-18-2006, 06:26 PM
No, It wouldnt use all the secrets. Just make secret tile 16 to a tile with the type "direct warp", and than paste flags 16 all over the ground. As for the return, well, I guess you could make them transparent tiles on layer 1, and then just put them over regular solid tiles. It would still be time consuming, but not as much.

Woppodie
12-18-2006, 06:46 PM
Meh, It would probably just be better to have portals, for a while (considering this is my first quest and I would probably screw that up real bad). It's good to know, though, if towards the end of my quest I have spare maps and can implement it. Thanks for your help!