PDA

View Full Version : Seperate Room State Carryovers

Nimono
12-17-2006, 02:33 PM
Now I know for a fact that this IS a good idea. We all know of the RSCs (Room State Carryovers), but the problem is, they only work for ONE SINGLE SCREEN. Sure, we can put another RSC on the first carryover screen, but think about this: Let's say one required a Lock Block combo to make a Locked Door anywhere but on the center of a dungeon wall. Let's also say they wanted to have the next room have the same door, only it unlocks if you've unlocked the other door (like normal Locked Doors in the Door selector). You COULD use a RSC to do that, but what if you also had secrets that triggered on BOTH rooms, you triggered the secret in the room with the RSC to get to the door, and you don't want to trigger the secret in the second room until much later? (Hope that wasn't too hard to understand...) Here's my solution:

HAVE A SEPERATE ROOM STATE CARRYOVER CHOICE FOR EACH THING THAT CAN BE CARRIED OVER. We all know that each item (as in combos, secrets,. and items themselves) that can be carried over using RSCs have a choice in Special Data 1 that tells what can and can't be carried over for that screen's RSC. But still, what if you wanted to have the secret in one room carry over to a different room than the Locked Door will? This will solve it. Let's say that the Lock Block on Map 1, Screen 00 carries over to Map 1, Screen 10, and you want the secret in this room to carry over to Map 2, Screen 05. Currently, we can't do that, but with my idea, you can. Simply tell ZQuest what map and screen and to carry over Lock Blocks to and what map and screen to carry over Secrets to. It's really that easy. It works just like the current RSCs, only each thing that can be carried over gets to be carried over to a seperate room if you choose. Now doesn't that sound good? It's a whole lot better than what we currently have, as this could help make much better puzzles spanning more rooms than before! Like, opening a Treasure Chest in one room could lower a peg in the next, but you must also trigger secrets and open Lock Blocks in order to open the path onward in the other rooms. What do you think?

The_Amaster
12-17-2006, 03:26 PM
You know, I was going to suggest this exact thing like 3 hours ago, but I was to lazy. This would be a VERY good idea.

Sephiroth
12-18-2006, 11:44 AM
I believe you can specify what doesn't get carried over using another set of screen flags. :shrug:

Nimono
12-18-2006, 06:08 PM
I believe you can specify what doesn't get carried over using another set of screen flags. :shrug:

I know that, but that's not the point- The point is, we only get one RSC for each screen right now, AND THAT'S IT. That means we can't have a lock block be carried over to one screen while secret flags get carried over to another- It's either they ALL get carried over to the same screen, or they don't at all. Your choice, and I hate the fact that they're the only choices you get. With my idea, you get to have secrets be carried to one screen while lock blocks get carried over to another.