PDA

View Full Version : Crane

beefster09
12-17-2006, 12:59 AM
Well, I had a cool idea just now. I could have a dungeon with a central room or something, and when you come to the room from the south, (or whatever) you find yourself at a control panel, and you can rearrange certain things in the room so that you can get to different parts of the dungeon. Is this even possible? I'd imagine it is. It would probably be a moderately modified ZQuest script. (that one Saffith wrote) Probably the hardest thing would be limiting where stuff can be placed.

Here's how it works:
A: Move claw up and down (Z-axis)
B: Open/Close claw
Directions: Move claw North, South, East, West
Start: Access/Leave control panel
L: Slower claw movement
R: Faster claw movement

Heck, you could even use it for a minigame.

beefster09
12-23-2006, 02:12 AM
Sheesh! This forum and topic are overlooked. Better bump it up a little.

I don't need this now, since my family is home for Christmas, and I probably won't have as much "me" time as I usually do.

C-Dawg
12-28-2006, 11:51 AM
It's not overlooked, people just havn't scripted it yet. Be patient. What you are suggesting requires several scripts, as far as I can tell:

(1) A script that makes an FFC simulate walkability. Your crates would be given this script.
(2) A script that moves the other FFCs around. This could be implemeted in a variety of ways. It appears you want the player to activate a crane and move it with the directional pad, which is perfectly doable. Perhaps when you press A it will "grab" a crate and you can relocate it.

You'd also need to store the X and Y coordinates of the crates in global variables so that the state would be saved when Link leaves the room.

Yea, it's perfectly scriptable, it's just not something I can pound out at work.

beefster09
12-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Wouldn't it work if you just changed the combos?

C-Dawg
12-28-2006, 10:13 PM
You mean the crane just modifies the combos on the screen? Yea, but you would lose some freedom. It's not that hard to make a FFC follow another, as long as multiple FFCs are now playing together nicely. (I think they are now.)