PDA

View Full Version : Quill & Link - Dungeon designer needed

Scotian Gold
12-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Hello ZQuesters, Scotian Gold here. As much as it pains me to admit it, I am not a good dungeon designer. There. I said it. I can spend half an hour on an overworld screen debating whether six trees are better than seven, but as soon as I go underground I leave my creative juices at the entrance.

As much as I would've liked to say that Quill & Link was a 100% me-me-me creation, I simply cannot allow the quest to suffer just for the sake of my ego. So I am inviting those of you who have some experience in dungeon/level design to become part of my team. <insert blaring trumpet noise here>

I have already choses a theme and theoretical layout for the 8 triforce levels. It's nothing groundbreaking - some might even say basic - but the dungeon design is central to the plot, and the plot is what will set this quest apart from many of the others. So the true challenge will come in making the dungeons rock while conforming to some plot restrictions.

Some of you may have noticed that I'm being purposely vague about the story...I simply do not wish to reveal it until the game is released. Once the number of interested people gets narrowed down, I will PM or e-mail any plot-specific details for those that have questions.

Please visit this thread (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=94979) to find out about Quill & Link. I have posted a screencap of the overworld map and a few screens, and answered a few questions that inquisitive minds wanted to know.

Thanks to all of you who read this far!

Dark Entity
12-19-2006, 03:26 PM
You should take this request over to the PureZC forums. It's an active community of quest-makers and the sort that will hopefully contribute to your project. Show them that impressive map and a few screens, and I'm sure you will attract some attention. ;)
http://www.purezc.com/forums

P.S. - I would love to help out, but having never sucessfully constructed a dungeon myself, I'm not really suited to the task. I would like to add that your quest project has impressed me, and I would love to see it completed! Best of luck.

Rakki
12-19-2006, 10:34 PM
If it would be alright for making these dungeons to take some time, I'd offer my services. I feel like I make some interesting dungeons, but I'm not so good at overworlds. :P It'd be especially easy for me to just design if I didn't have to worry about themes and overall layouts of the dungeons.

Just out of curiousity, what version is this quest using?