PDA

View Full Version : Eight directions means...

Linkus
12-16-2006, 09:10 PM
...Facing and moving eight different ways.

What I mean is now that Z3 movement is now possible, having the ability to have Link face and move correctly in all eight directions should be included.

To elaborate, the Up-right, Up-Left, Down-Right, and Down-Left positions will use the same amount of frames(as specified) as the ones facing up, down, right, and left(of course) and simply can be enabled through the "use diagonals" rule in the Link Editor.

That's as simple as I can get it. What do you think?

ShadowTiger
12-16-2006, 09:12 PM
Nope. :p

1) This is never done in any zelda game.
2) Think of what it'll do to the rest of Link's Sprites. We'd need to aim hookshots diagonally as well, among many, many other things. That means we'd have to draw them diagonally too.

Moresco
12-16-2006, 10:03 PM
Nope. :p

1) This is never done in any zelda game.
2) Think of what it'll do to the rest of Link's Sprites. We'd need to aim hookshots diagonally as well, among many, many other things. That means we'd have to draw them diagonally too.

I completely agree, it would be way excessive and pointless to draw diagonal link sprites. Of course if you did make them optional then those who really want them could add them, and you could just force things like the hookshot to only work facing a single direction.

Anyway if there was one thing to fix that I experienced regarding any kind of movement, it would be the ability to inch closer to the water when you have the flippers without being "pulled" into the water. In fact you can't get out of the water, and turn around by pushing the opposite directional key, because it immediately "pulls" you back into the water. Not a big deal, but it just seems weird.