PDA

View Full Version : Wii: Best Selling Console. Ever.

{DSG}DarkRaven
12-15-2006, 11:49 PM
http://wii.gamespy.com/articles/750/750858p1.html

The content of this link basically states that Nintendo is back on top of the console market, and also, the DS is still rocking out.

Woo.

Freedom
12-16-2006, 12:07 AM
I won't be getting one until after I've moved in a few months, but you have to admit the Nintendo products are pretty good, in spite of all the people busting their straps.
I still have my NES, SNES, and 64 and they all work well, after being played to death and all being bought when they first came out, so mostly they are older than dirt.

I just played Zelda on the NES tonight just to see how it was still working, it worked just like it did last time I tried it 2 years ago.
I found a joy stick for it at the junk shop the other day for $5 and wanted to see if it worked.

Had to clean the cartridge, but that was it.

Darth Marsden
12-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Uh... Yay Nintendo?

Not sure what else to say, really. They've sold a lot of Wii's. I knew they would, as did everyone else here. Woo.

Imprisoned
12-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Goooo Nintendo! I can't get my Wii until January, all are sold out. :(

But, I already bought the Wiimote+Wii Play pack and the Nunchuk. :)

bluedeath
12-16-2006, 01:26 PM
I got the wii a few weeks ago and im almost complete zelda tp and I found so many secrets and alot of hcp's.

ctrl-alt-delete
12-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Unfortunately, the strap replacement is expected to cost them millions. What with the small price of the straps themselves but the more important shipment factor.

Imprisoned
12-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Sigh... *NDS Wrist Strap*

Dart Zaidyer
12-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Unfortunately, the strap replacement is expected to cost them millions. What with the small price of the straps themselves but the more important shipment factor.

As long as they continue to sell the Wii and the DS at a profit, I don't think that's going to hurt too badly.

vegeta1215
12-16-2006, 06:01 PM
As long as they continue to sell the Wii and the DS at a profit, I don't think that's going to hurt too badly.

Agreed, especially if you consider there are probably going to be people who don't send theirs in cause they have no problems. (ie they don't swing their arms around like maniacs when playing Wii)

biggiy05
12-16-2006, 08:53 PM

They have already started shipping the new straps with the systems. A small hit but they will bounce back real fast.

ShadowTiger
12-16-2006, 09:09 PM
It's a relief to know that they're on top of things. It's one of many, many reasons why I'm waiting to get a Wii. Bugfixes. :]

The_Amaster
12-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Well you have to wonder who says "I have this wrist strap, so I'm not going to even bother to grip the wiimote at all and just let it lie in my hand, counting on the strap to hold it while I go bowling in a motion that could very well send my wiimote flying into my TV"

Darth Marsden
12-17-2006, 05:21 AM
Well you have to wonder who says "I have this wrist strap, so I'm not going to even bother to grip the wiimote at all and just let it lie in my hand, counting on the strap to hold it while I go bowling in a motion that could very well send my wiimote flying into my TV"
Americans. Because they're stupid.

ctrl-alt-delete
12-17-2006, 09:45 AM
Well, Nintendo is doing surprisingly well. My simple point was that because a bunch of moron's cannot hold onto the controller, Nintendo has now taken three steps forward and one step back. Hopefully, their dedication to resolving issues so quickly will generate some more hype to purchase the system. The money they will lose is a major deal as they try to catch up to the 360.

Dechipher
12-17-2006, 02:15 PM
I heard a rumor that the Wii was messing up electronics and draining the color out of TVs and such and if this continued they'd have to pull it off the market early next year. Grandma said she saw it on the news. I couldn't find it on Yahoo or Google. Anyone know anything about it?

MottZilla
12-17-2006, 02:33 PM
It's true. And after it "drains" the color out of your TV, it gives you cancer and you die. And it writes your will which leaves all your stuff to Nintendo.

AtmaWeapon
12-17-2006, 05:24 PM
My TV has been low on blue ink for a while now so I'm sure I won't notice.

MottZilla
12-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Make sure when you refill to only use first party Nintendo ink!