PDA

View Full Version : Disable subscreen

Freedom
12-15-2006, 03:55 PM
I noticed that you can disable about all of the items in the dmap, but didn't see a disable subscreen.
This would be nice for some cut scenes where you don't want to go to no subscreen, but would like to have the subscreen button non functional.

Master_of_Power
12-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Sure thing, That would be a whole lot easier. Especially when you have a cutscene with tons of screens

ShadowTiger
12-15-2006, 04:13 PM
I was just thinking this. It'd be particularly nice if there was no way to pause the game engine at that moment either, i.e. via any function key, or the subscreen. If you had a boss that was timed to the music, if you paused the game, the music would keep going but the boss wouldn't, so all your efforts would be fruitless.

Master_of_Power
12-15-2006, 08:20 PM
and while we're at it then, how about a quest rule/dmap rule/screen rule Music pauses when paused.

cbailey78
12-20-2006, 02:44 AM
Can't you just go to Screen Data and check "No subscreen" It will do exactly what you are talking about.

Imprisoned
12-20-2006, 08:33 AM
Can't you just go to Screen Data and check "No subscreen" It will do exactly what you are talking about.
He meant disabling all subscreens on a whole DMAP at once, not setting screen datas all the time.

And I would like this too...

Nimono
12-20-2006, 09:47 AM

No it wouldn't. See, THIS is why I'm always telling people to READ OTHERS' POSTS!!! Freedom said that he'd like to disable the subscreen WITHOUT TAKING IT OFF THE SCREEN! See, most Zelda games leave the subscreen on the screen when you go into a cutscene, but they simply disable the "Start" button. Sure, you could probably do that with scripts, but there are people around here who still can't script, and if they asked for it, all they'd get is a "It's so simple, so just learn how to script and script it yourself.". What if they fail? Then what, huh? Sure, it may be simple to make FOR THOSE WHO KNOW HOW TO SCRIPT, but there are people who can't even learn it because of many different reasons (like memory problems, for example). This'd help. Now if only we had a smilie that said "I approve this". :laughing: