PDA

View Full Version : Item Class Editor

idontknow
12-15-2006, 02:01 AM
Perhaps have a menu that lists all the item classes, or at least ones for useable items, and you can click on one to edit the item levels within that class.

For example, if you hit the "Potion" class (it would also show it's number, i'm not sure what it is off hand)

It would then go to a new window which shows:
Class Level......Item Name
1...................Blue Potion
2...................Red Potion
3...................<Custom>
4...................<Custom>
5...................<Custom>
6...................<Custom>
7...................<Custom>
8...................<Custom>
9...................<Custom>

For any item you click on, it would list up to 9 class levels. All the default class levels would be shown & cannot be changed. However, all additional class levels can be changed. You could click on these extra class levels and then give it a name and change its data. The data you edit depends on the class number to which the level belongs. So for this example, you could edit class 3. The data you can edit, since its a potion type, includes the number of hearts filled upon use, number of magic filled upon use, and which other potion (perhaps what level) the item turns to.

If i want to make class 3 a magic (green) potion, i could edit class 3 so that it fills up 9 magic points. I could also make class 4 an ultra potion that fills both magic & hearts at once. After I edit these classes, I click 'done'. Then i go into the sprites->Items editor, pick custom items #200 & #201 and for each, I choose the potion class number (whatever it is) and make their class levels 3 & 4 respectively (to reflect the new class levels I just edited)

As for other items:

Sword: How much damage sword does, how many hearts it takes for sword beam (you can do that now for default class levels, 1-4, but what about additional levels?) How much damage sword beam does, whether it consumes magic to charge (sword spin attack)

Candle: Damage flame does to enemies, duration of the flame on screen, damage flame does to Link, magic it requires to use, how many times you can use it per screen (once, twice...infinite) You could add a level 3 flame that lasts longer on screen--great to use with the new quest rule: Light dark room while Flame is on screen

Ring: What pallette/cset Link now uses, how much damage is reduced by. Defaults: 50% (blue), 75% (red), 87.5% (gold) You could make a class level 4 ring that only reduces percent by 25%, or a platinum ring that reduces damage by 95%! (Not sure why you would though)

Hammer: Damage, magic consumption when charged (using a scroll), whether it breaks darknut shields, etc.

Hookshot: Number of hookshot links (you can do this now but only for default hookshots: levels 1 & 2), whether or not it freezes enemies (default: yes), damage done (default: 1/2, as it destroys only gels)

My point is that while you can edit custom items (zxxx items), it really puts a limit on customization. You can't make all new items--you really can't even make updates to current items--mainly why i propose that you can edit class levels. Either have it this way, or add more options to the "Actions" tab in the sprites editor (such as damage, magic consumption, etc.)