PDA

View Full Version : Weird shit on DS with Fire Emblem

SUCCESSOR
12-15-2006, 12:56 AM
Ok so I bought my girl a DS Lite and a copy of FE Sacred Stones. So blah blah blah she's been playing it and then she decides to play some Max Payne and slipt it in and Fire Emblem pops up. Not sacred stones but it's prequel. Anyone know anything about this kind of stuff happening?

Also, I haven't seen it. This is just what she's told me.

MottZilla
12-15-2006, 12:58 PM
You'd have to be more specific about what happened. I don't really understand what you're saying. It is possible if May Payne is a GBA game that Fire Emblem might incorrectly recognize the GBA cart as being another game and doing something different. Many DS games will unlock things if you plug in the right GBA cartridge.

I don't see why Max Payne and Fire Emblem would be related other than through unintentional identification.

Mak-X
12-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Where did you buy the games from?

Grasshopper
12-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Ok so I bought my girl a DS Lite and a copy of FE Sacred Stones. So blah blah blah she's been playing it and then she decides to play some Max Payne and slipt it in and Fire Emblem pops up. Not sacred stones but it's prequel. Anyone know anything about this kind of stuff happening?

Also, I haven't seen it. This is just what she's told me.

I assume, in short, you mean that Max Payne for the GBA was actually Fire Emblem, when you started to play it.

Yes, I've seen stuff like that happen. Rarely, but I have seen a couple instances. Once, I to exchange out a used Pokemon Ruby game because it was Pokemon Sapphire. It was the red cartridge, with the Pokemon Ruby label, but when you play it, it was Pokemon Sapphire title screen.

If it was a used game, my guess is that someone wanted to trade in a game, and to get more money, took the guts out of one and swapped it with the one they traded in. And since the label of tha game is a different game, you would never know its another unless you actually play it...which employees never do. Although why someone would keep Max Payne over Fire Emblem is anybody's guess.

I've had strange stories of people trying to get more money from trading in games, so I wouldn't put it past someone to do that.

SUCCESSOR
12-20-2006, 10:47 PM
The game is Max Payne for GBA. Shes played it on a GBA before and it played Max Payne. But on her DS Lite when she puts it in and starts it up it plays Fire Emblem.

I wanted to throw in another game to see if anything odd would happen but we couldn't find her other games.

So Basicly she can play FE:SS or Throw in the Max Payne cartridge and play FE(Which she's beaten).