PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Freeform Combos (specifically the Changer type)

idontknow
12-14-2006, 03:22 PM
So now that freeform combo attribute change combo type has been removed, I'm a bit confused on how to use freeform combos with the "Changer" type checked. I understand the principle behind it--once another freeform combo collides with it, it should take on its movement data. However, this is not the case for me and it may even be a bug.

I have a custom trap-like freeform combo that starts off going right (an x-speed of 2) When it collides with the freeform change combo, the first ffc simply disappears completely! The changer has x speed = 2 and y speed = -2 so that when other FFCs collide with it, they should go diagonally up-right. However, this is not the case.

Note: None of this should involve scripts, I don't know how to do that yet.

ShadowTiger
12-14-2006, 03:40 PM
Agreeable; it's difficult to know whether we're just doing something wrong, or if it doesn't work yet... ... yet. Documentation on the issue would be nice at time of acquisition of this new addition / change.

Freedom
12-14-2006, 04:16 PM
I sent Jman a PM a few weeks ago and he told me the attribute combo would be put back in.

_L_
12-20-2006, 04:35 AM
Uhhh... I don't think so.

Look, the Changer flag will be fine once I or someone fixes that one bug with it.

Freedom
12-20-2006, 05:45 AM
Uhhh... I don't think so.

Look, the Changer flag will be fine once I or someone fixes that one bug with it.

ok... I've been waiting for an answer, now I know to just rip the @#$%$# things back out and be done with it.

_L_
12-20-2006, 06:32 AM
...and add backwards compatability.

Nicholas Steel
12-20-2006, 06:34 AM
WHAT THE HELL ?!?!? i thought you said that in the post above L... but then i come back 5 seconds later and its moved down beneath freedom's post... creepy.

Freedom
12-20-2006, 07:07 AM
WHAT THE HELL ?!?!? i thought you said that in the post above L... but then i come back 5 seconds later and its moved down beneath freedom's post... creepy.

It doesn't matter where he puts
...and add backwards compatability. since it won't fix mine anyway.
Mine are all setting up in the left hand corner with all the stats wiped, so his backwords compatability isn't going to magically reinstall all the numbers since it won't have a clue where they used to be.
This is the second time they all got wiped, it happened back in 11 or 12 too.
I was waiting for the next beta to fix them, but now I don't even trust that.
I'm not going to just keep doing them over and over and over again, while "L" plays with his new found love.

C-Dawg
12-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Yeah, well, I would suggest that it's easier to have both a combo and a flag FFC. One is more intuitive, the other is faster to apply.

But whatever. I'll post the little questlet I was working on that _L_ has broken later today. :(