PDA

View Full Version : Link Hurt tiles

Shoelace
12-14-2006, 05:25 AM
Okay, I may have messed up and didn't think this decision through. But I made all my enemies and all of the Link tiles 8-bit because of the pallete I made. Well it may have been a bad idea because now you don't know when the enemies or even Link get hurt. :( Basically the csets used to cycle to display the getting hurt part, but now Link and the enemies don't do that as they are 8-bit.

Solution: If you can could you make Link gets hurt tiles, and also enemies get hurt tiles. Basically it will be 4 tiles (kinda like the slash tiles on 2.10), that show the different directions of the enemies and Link getting hurt. So basically everytime, Link gets hit, it will go to the hurt tiles, and I can change the color there, as if it was cycling. Also, it would be cool to make Link's hurt face. :P Also, these Link Hurt tiles would have to be LTM compatible because of the Link with different shields thing.

Anyways, hope this suggestion is considered because I am so far into the pallete and the graphics, that I can't turn back now. :(

Also: A suggestion that I just thought of that would be funny. Link Death Animation. Basically it will show this animation for Link's Death when he dies. It would be cool because I can make where like Ocarina of Time where he drops to his knee then dies. lol

*b*
12-14-2006, 05:47 AM
Actually, if memory serves, I suggested this to DN a while ago in the PZC chat, and he said that if I made the tiles, he'd impliment this. Never got around to making them, though (Suprised?)

A Link-specific death animation would be cool, too

Imprisoned
12-14-2006, 09:39 AM
Link Hurt Tiles; did you mean that when Link is hit, there would be a custom sprite
appearing with something like blood? ´BTW, "Link Hurt Tiles" sounds like Link slashing tiles
with his sword (:eyebrow:) and they're starting to bleed?

Link Death Animation; this sounds like a good suggestion, but it would be hard to make if
you wanted 1x2+ tiles for it. I think that Z3-Style death would be easy to animate. But this is a good suggestion, I say.

P.S.

Hurt tiles would have to be LTM compatible because of the Link with different shields thing
LTM = Link to Milea = My quest :D

Dart Zaidyer
12-14-2006, 10:21 AM
"Link Hurt Tiles" are a reference to an animation that Link would use every time he gets hit, like in A Link to the Past.
I should note that these tiles already exist in JMan's initial Z3 Link template, so it's really a matter of coding it in.

Shoelace
12-14-2006, 06:11 PM
Well *b* make those hurt tiles then! lol. Yeah, I was just testing my game and couldn't tell when I was getting hit so, I hope this is added. It seems like a good addition.

ShadowTiger
12-14-2006, 06:53 PM
You might also have to consider what type of damage he's taking. If an octorok threw a rock into his belly while he was slashing his sword, he'd double over, holding his belly in pain, but if a spike stabbed him in the shoe, why would he hold his belly in pain for that? O_o

Dart Zaidyer
12-14-2006, 07:06 PM
...Except that's far more complicated than any 2d Zelda game has ever ventured to do.

*b*
12-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Well *b* make those hurt tiles then! lol. Yeah, I was just testing my game and couldn't tell when I was getting hit so, I hope this is added. It seems like a good addition.

http://sotw.purezc.com/Gashin/Link%20Hurt.gif

Kay

Shoelace
12-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Yay! Now direct DN to this thread immeditely! And say: "Remember what you said?"

Dlbrooks33
12-14-2006, 09:51 PM
meh, I did it again. Here are his hurt tiles, shield and shield-less (left and right was difficult)

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/dlbrooks34/zelda004.png

*b*
12-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Dlbrooks, I allready made some. Plus, all you did was move his feet and make his eyes wider, on the side ones. The rest don't really fit with the original style... His nose is also supposed to be longer

ShadowTiger
12-14-2006, 10:50 PM
http://sotw.purezc.com/Gashin/Link%20Hurt.gif
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/dlbrooks34/zelda004.pngHm. I like *b*'s more. They show more emotion.

His nose is also supposed to be longerYep! Pointy enough so that he's not left without a weapon when a red bubble steals his sword.

Dlbrooks33
12-14-2006, 11:02 PM
I did it like that to make it like Z-3 :tongue:

Imprisoned
12-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Yep! Pointy enough so that he's not left without a weapon when a red bubble steals his sword.
ABSOLUTELY NO, what would happen when a red bubble hits Link AGAIN!? :uhoh:

But hey, both of those tiles are good. Also you could just make Link flash...

Petoe
12-15-2006, 02:06 PM
Hmm... this a very good suggestion and I made the same mistake with Lost Isle as you did with your quest Shoelace, blarg! :p The enemies won't flash anymore, but hey, did you forget that there still are sound effects to let players know when enemies get hurt or when Link takes damage, so it's not the end of the world... but as I said, this feature would be fantastic, just donät go and add it to ZC 2.5 because I don't wanna see new bugs, lol.

Shoelace
12-16-2006, 02:57 PM
I know I don't want any bugs either, but I want this. O_O lol

And yeah, I haven't been playing with speakers lately and that is why I thought of this suggest because I didn't know when I was getting hit, or when I was hitting the enemies. lol

Sephiroth
12-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Actually, to be honest.. You can use the "Link flickers when damaged" quest rule, and he becomes somewhat transparent as he is damaged.. I was hoping this could've been added to the enemies as well.

Shoelace
12-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Well if they won't add the Hurt tiles to 2.5, the flickers thing would be cool if it was added to enemies as a quest rule. :P

Freedom
12-18-2006, 03:58 PM
As much as I've complained about the more more more thing.... I'd like to see this too. ;)

Shoelace
01-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Actually, to be honest.. You can use the "Link flickers when damaged" quest rule, and he becomes somewhat transparent as he is damaged.. I was hoping this could've been added to the enemies as well.

Oh, I will have to use the "Link flickers when damaged" quest rule. Thanks. But hopefully the Hurt Tiles are made in the future. But hopefully something will be added to the enemies like "enemies flicker when damaged" so at least you know when you are hitting the enemies.