PDA

View Full Version : GCN Memory Cards get stuck in Wiis

Monica
12-13-2006, 03:16 PM
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-hardware/8341-help-gamecube-memory-card-stuck-wii.html

O the woes of launch systems... But it was 3rd party, and I refuse to use 3rd party accessories for consoles...

Tygore
12-13-2006, 03:30 PM
I've heard the problem reported a few times, and I'm pretty sure it's always been with third-party cards. I can't give any firsthand experience to the fact as I have yet to use my Wii's Gamecube functionality.

War Lord
12-13-2006, 03:43 PM
I've had no problems with my memory cards.
However I only buy official accessories.

AtmaWeapon
12-13-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm jumping on the "only use official accessories and never had problems" bandwagon.

When the 59 cards were what I owned I wanted a 3rd party badly, but then I bought a 512 or whatever the next jump up was and it lasted me through many many games. I got a 1019 card when it came out and after copying everything but Animal Crossing onto it I don't think I've used more than 1/2 of it yet.

So the only reason I can see to buy a 3rd party card would be to save money, and sometimes there's a hidden cost to saving money. This time it's the cost of getting it stuck in your Wii I guess.

Gerudo
12-13-2006, 10:05 PM
i've never had any problems with any memcards, so this kid must not be that bright.

Daarkseid
12-14-2006, 12:19 AM
That whole topic that was linked is saturated with idiocy.

All of us should feel dumber for having read through it.

try chinse water tourter until the freakin thing works

Maybe if he puts some KY Lubricant on it. . .it should slide in and out of that puss like nothin.

ya but then your wii will become slutty

mikeron
12-14-2006, 01:02 AM
He should put a booger on the end of his finger and *blamo* there it is.

Monica
12-14-2006, 01:04 AM
That whole topic that was linked is saturated with idiocy.

All of us should feel dumber for having read through it.

Yeah I thought it was really funny and I forgot to mention that, lol. :)