PDA

View Full Version : Compass

Joe123
12-12-2006, 03:48 PM
How do I set up the compass for dungeons with more than one floor? In one of my dungeons on the floor that doesn't contain the triforce it puts the compass pointer down on the same place as where it is on the floor with the triforce, but it doesnt flash. In another of my dungeons, it just flashes on all of the floors. Can someone explain this to me please

Pineconn
12-12-2006, 04:04 PM
You can set the compass room in the DMap editor. For my multi-floored dungeons, I set the compass room to room "0E" for the floors that shouldn't have the compass flashing. However, you may have to use a room other than 0E due to differences in tilesets (a part of the passive subscreen would cover up the flash of the compass).

rocksfan13
12-12-2006, 08:29 PM
What I did was created separate dmaps for each floor. Gave the dmaps the compass was NOT going to be on a number other than the level number. The dmap that held the floor the compass was on had the correct level number and therefore showed up.

Now if you're giving the compass out on a floor other than the one it's supposed to show, you need to create a warp to a room identical to the one in question but with the correct dmap level number so the compass works correctly.

To put it bluntly, it would be easier if you kept the compass on the same floor as the location it's showing.

LinkMaster500
12-13-2006, 03:09 AM
I originally thought of giving separate level numbers for each floor for my quest. But the problem is that you would have to find a map for each floor, and I wouldn't have flexibility regarding where I would put the Boss Key or use boss doors.

Joe123
12-13-2006, 03:57 PM
Yeah, if i put a different level number for each floor it'd make the map very akward. I'll hide it in the corner, thanks Pineconnn