PDA

View Full Version : how do i put zscript things in zquest???

FIERCEDEITY
12-10-2006, 03:16 PM
:(
how do i put things into zquest like, for example,
the raft in Revolution.qst that _L_ made?

cbailey78
12-11-2006, 04:05 AM
Go to school and you'll learn these things!

_L_
12-11-2006, 10:30 AM
The raft can't be used in just any quest. As it was limited to ZASM version 1, it was only designed to work in the three screens where it is used in Revolution Dungeon.

FIERCEDEITY
12-11-2006, 09:03 PM
okay, but how do i put things like that in my quest?

C-Dawg
12-11-2006, 09:56 PM
ZScript and ZASM are two different scripting languages for ZClassic. I'm only familiar with ZScript.

With ZScript, you need to save the text file (using Wordpad; nothing fancy, must be a .txt file) with a .z extension. Then, in ZQuest, go to Quest->Compile (I think it's there.) Click on "import" and select the ZScript you want. That will put the code into the buffer. Next, click on "compile." So long as the code has not errors, that'll apply the buffer's code to your game.

The next screen will ask you to assign FFC Scripts to slots. See, ZScript is programmed in modules that attach themselves to Freeform Combos. The buffer can hold many, many different FFC scripts. When you assign them to slots, you're choosing a number that will correspond to that script.

Finally, go to the screen on which you want the script to run. Create an FFC on that screen, ensure the combo selected for it is not the first combo (as this indicates to the engine that the FFC is not in use) and select which number script you want to load up into that FFC. (Bottom right corner of the first tab in the FFC editor.)

And thats all there is to it. Well, except for coding yourself.