PDA

View Full Version : Fireball related Questions

eXodus
12-09-2006, 11:18 PM
I've been working on a reusable Fireball-replacement script to go with the Beamos (I really should release what I have right now, it's only missing a standard firing interface at the moment). A couple of problems/annoyances have come up though:

How are the trig. functions being implemented? Lack of Inverses aside, just a single call to Sin() and Cos() each frame per Beamos is causing visible slowdown in ZC - and not even BatRobes, Summoners, Tribbles and Statues do that on my computer!
Is there a way to "hit" Link or an enemy? Or at least fake it, and not just reduce their health? I can't use damage combos for the Fireballs, as they need to check Link's shield on collision before any damage is done.
Link, Screen and Game can't be referred to outside of a script; i.e.: where you would normally put constants and import headers like std.zh. Is there a reason for that? I just made a utility function to see if Link was in a parametered point/area and passing Link->X and Link->Y to it all the time doesn't seem like much of a shortcut...
(slightly offtopic) When FFC->Data and the Screen->Combo*[] functions were made, was any thought made to a Screen->Data[] or FFC->Combo*[] functions? Or are the current ones just aliases for basic ZASM commands, rendering the others a little out of reach at the moment?

Oh, and what progress has been made on stamping out the multiple FFC bug? I can't wait until the time we don't have to pass FFC numbers as parameters to void run() anymore.

DarkDragon
12-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Is there a way to "hit" Link or an enemy? Or at least fake it, and not just reduce their health? I can't use damage combos for the Fireballs, as they need to check Link's shield on collision before any damage is done.
I don't think so currently. Feel free to suggest it.

Link, Screen and Game can't be referred to outside of a script; i.e.: where you would normally put constants and import headers like std.zh. Is there a reason for that?No, it's a known bug.

(slightly offtopic) When FFC->Data and the Screen->Combo*[] functions were made, was any thought made to a Screen->Data[] or FFC->Combo*[] functions? Or are the current ones just aliases for basic ZASM commands, rendering the others a little out of reach at the moment?
The latter, but it shouldn't be too bad to add them to ZASM, and then ZScript. Feel free to suggest it.

As for the two bugs you've mentioned and the numerous others, progress is slow because I'm not able to do any coding until I get back from Paris in February, and the compiler code is complicated.