PDA

View Full Version : Tile help

WindStrike
12-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Ok, I'm trying to rip that new pure water into DoR, but of course, the two tiles aren't exactly the same in the grass setup, so I'm trying to copy just grass over. The problem is, I don't know how to copy a selection of a tile over from one to another. I'm pretty sure it involves selecting with the hookshot, but after I've selected what I need, I don't have a clue what to do after that. Any help twould be apprieciated.

Imprisoned
12-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Explain more. Are you trying to copy tiles from a ZQuest window to an other ZQuest window? Because I don't think that is possible.

You can always open the pure water tileset and take a snapshot. Then just Grab it to DoR tileset.

I don't recommend DoR tileset though, it takes a minute to scroll from grass combos to dungeon combos.

WindStrike
12-09-2006, 11:51 AM
I don't recommend DoR tileset though, it takes a minute to scroll from grass combos to dungeon combos.
Try holding alt while scrolling, making it way faster.

Explain more. Are you trying to copy tiles from a ZQuest window to an other ZQuest window? Because I don't think that is possible.
Uhh... why'd I want to do that anyways? Ok, guess I'll rephrase it.
Alright, I double click the tile and it pulls up the little tile editor. Now, there's a hookshot toolbox that lets you select what part of the tile you want. Alternatively, I can also just use that weird looking wand thing to select whichever colored areas that I want, which in this case, it'd work. The thing is, I don't know how to copy that selected area from one tile to another tile.

Plissken
12-09-2006, 12:04 PM
I could be wrong but as far as I know you can't copy that to another tile. You'd just have to do it manually.

Joe123
12-09-2006, 07:24 PM
are you saying you want to select just a part of one tile and put it on another? cause if thats what you mean you could delete the part you dont want and then copy it and use the overwrite thing with O

WindStrike
12-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Ah, that's how. Too bad I already did it though - at least it'll come in handy in the future. And now I know what the hookshot tools are for. Thanks a lot!

Joe123
12-10-2006, 06:58 AM
what does the hookshot tool do? I can't work it out