PDA

View Full Version : Are we allowed to do it?

Dlbrooks33
12-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Okay, we got 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Quests. Neo first is on its way to allow players and questmakers to open it and see what the new version of ZC can do. I wanted to mmake a 4th quest (which would use the Zero tileset, thanks old-skool, instead of the classic (why? cause I don't like the classic set, welcome to the 21st century folks, that tileset was expired way before I was born (I'm 14)). This one would be a remake of the 1st quest, but with a dark-world to get more gameplay in and a lot of the new items and editors from the betas. Since there is 8 dungeons on the overworld, there would be 8 dungeons in the underworld right? I'd be up to when I get time to work on it, but I also have to take care of TLoZ:Chromeball Chronicles (not a ZC quest, Game Maker Project), TLoZ:GBMQ2 (not a ZC quest, Game Maker Project), and Mario Quest (not a ZC quest, Game Maker Project). I'd call it the unofficial (#th quest). I put the number sign in there so I have time to check the database to see what number has not been used in the unnofficial #th quests. ;).

Tygore
12-09-2006, 10:46 AM
You can call your quest whatever you'd like. However, you may end up being the only person who considers it part of their line.

And true Zelda fans use classic graphics.

koopa
12-09-2006, 11:08 AM

In a sense, yes, in another, it'd be nice to have a standard quest showing what ZC can do both graphically and otherwise ... well, that's what Neofirst is for. I hope that will become the "official fourth" quest if any.

Everything else, regardless of how good it is, comes under "custom quests" for me.

Imprisoned
12-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Actually, I would say that "true Zelda fans" use graphics made by
Nintendo, for example, aLttP graphics.

Also, good graphics (aLttP, DoR, etc.) look interesting. Currently players
won't download quests with Classic Zelda graphics, since it looks too
boring and flashy.

Instead, good looking graphics make players to download, since they like
to play an eye-friendly quest.

@Dlbrooks33: This isn't so necessary thread, really. Many people have
made "Unofficial 5th" "Unofficial 6th" etc. and they haven't really posted a
thread, they just made the damn game.

But I like your idea of the Dark World. But please, don't name it Unofficial
#th. Those names suck. Instead, you could name it something like "Doubled
First Quest" or something since it has the Light World and the Dark World.

And since it has the Dark World, I don't prefer to use the Zero Tileset, I
prefer to use something like Orion's LTTP Tileset. But beware, huge
tilesets like Dance of Remembrance take so much time, you can see
yourself scrolling a minute to get from overworld combos to dungeon
combos.

Also you should use an interesting looking tileset with animated combos &
Items and such, like the Adventure Tileset.

In short words: I recommend you to make this quest. Showing off the new
features is good for everyone, people like playing new quests with all the
fun items (Roc's Feather, Cane of Byrna) than the older quests without
the new items.

Tygore
12-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Actually, I would say that "true Zelda fans" use graphics made by Nintendo, for example, aLttP graphics.

Are you suggesting that Nintendo didn't make the classic graphics?

Dlbrooks33
12-09-2006, 12:24 PM
they did, but they were horrible. times have improved and the top-rated sprites have been LttP and MC. That classic-looking thing is definitely classic cause of many reasons:

1.No outline
2.Horrible animation
3.Only use of like 3-5 colors (GBdid that but it looks way better than the classic)
4.No taste in item graphics

Need I go on?

erm2003
12-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Call it what you want. If they didn't make them, you wouldn't have the series. The original game is what many of us grew up with. It's classic to us and it will always have a positive notation no matter how outdated they may look. Besides, what do you expect from an NES game?

Right on!