PDA

View Full Version : Attention everyone owning a Wii

goKi
12-09-2006, 02:33 AM
Get component cables. Now.

I was very lucky today, as by nothing more than chance, i discovered the component cables that were not due to hit Aussie shelves for another week. Naturally, i picked them up, and the quality compared to composite is extraordinary. If you've got any sort of TV with component inputs, hunt them down now.

War Lord
12-09-2006, 03:31 AM
I've been trying for 2 weeks to no avail.
Congratulations, seems to be much harder to find in my area.

AtmaWeapon
12-09-2006, 01:08 PM
I'd love to get a set but I think Nintendo makes them out of diamonds, rubies, and the blood of virgins so it's really hard for them to make more than 1 or 2 at a time apparently.

MottZilla
12-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Madcatz have inform us that their Wii component cables are now shipping and in stock! They're priced at $19.99 and couldn't come at a better time :).

Product Features:

High resolution graphics
Ideal for standard or HD TVs
Stereo sound through left and right RCA cables
Supports screen resolutions up to 480p
9.8FT [3M]

So if you can't find the Nintendo ones, you may have a better chance finding the Mad Catz.

Warlock
12-09-2006, 04:11 PM
I ordered mine directly from Nintendo so I got them a few weeks ago. Though they are horribly backordered right now..

War Lord
12-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Found the React brand component cables at Best Buy today finally (I've been swinging by there almost every day to see if they have anything.).

They do make a huge difference if you have a nice TV to support them.
I've seen a difference in each game I've played.

Thunderbird
12-12-2006, 02:11 AM
I've seen what a Wii with component cables looks like, but I primarily play on my computer with a video capture card, and I do not know if a capture card even exists with component input (and it's probably hideously expensive if one does exist).

Mak-X
12-12-2006, 10:57 PM
I got my order in right before Thanksgiving on Nintendo.com and have them waiting in their box waiting for a Wii. I've used Component cables on Gamecube, and it does make a big difference.

I've seen what a Wii with component cables looks like, but I primarily play on my computer with a video capture card, and I do not know if a capture card even exists with component input (and it's probably hideously expensive if one does exist).

If your video capture card supports S-Video, there's at least one 3rd party s-video cable (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8009004&st=wii+s-video&type=product&id=1156203388887) in stores now. I have a video capture car myself and composite looks worse this way. Component input video cards cost a lot of if you can find them.

The screens on this page I made show Composite vs. S-Video, and Component would look better than the S-Video screens.
http://www.adventureofhyrule.com/game/vidcapguide.html

Either that or you could get component cables and a VGA box to hook up the Wii to your monitor directly.