PDA

View Full Version : Combos with Roc's Feather

Shoelace
12-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Okay, I noticing that Roc's Feather is very limiting and I was trying to figure out how to make it not limiting.

Conveyors: I use conveyors for wind for example. With Roc's feather you would be able to jump over the conveyors like if there were no wind, defeating the purpose.

Damage combos: I sometimes need there to be damage combos so you can't go through somewhere, and it defeats the purpose when you can jump over it.

Direct warps, triggers, etc... You get the point.

So basically this is how it goes. On the combo, it will be default have only works on x and y-axis. There will be anther option of x, y, and z-axis. Also the last option would be the Only Z-axis. So basically the combo has to be on one, and it will make the Roc's feather not-limited. What do you think?

My other suggestion: There needs to be a flag or maybe an option on the combo that makes it so you can't use Roc's Feather. Because it looks funny when Link jumps when climbing a vine.

_L_
12-08-2006, 12:07 AM
I suppose I'll have to ask the person making the combo type editor to add a combo type attribute "Ignores jumping".

Shoelace
12-08-2006, 04:54 PM
A COMBO TYPE EDITOR! *Drools*

ShadowTiger
12-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Assuming combos can have multiple combo types in such a thing.

Personally, I'd like to see "terrain masks" produced. In the Tools Menu, you can spread a series of 8x8 tiles over the world where the player can and cannot jump. Wherever there is an 8x8 tile (A Minitile, as it were.) you would be unable to activate the jump button, and whatever jump you were currently in would stop short of that area.

Other masks could be in play as well; enemy movement masks could be created. You could also generate masks for the different projectile types, both yours and the enemy's.

Imprisoned
12-10-2006, 10:27 AM
A COMBO TYPE EDITOR! *Drools*
I assume you need to be skilled in scripting/coding to create your own Combo Types.

I think there should be a combo with the combo type "No Jumping" you could place on the main map, and then place an ladder/vine combo to layer 1, so you wouldn't see the "No Jumping"-combo. This could be the easiest way. Or just make some more flags... :D

I got some sort of a bad idea too... if a damage combo was set on Layer 6, and Link jumps with the Roc's Feather, he would get damage even if it wasn't a sidescrolling room :rolleyes:.

Rakki
12-11-2006, 05:18 AM
What ever happened to the "No Jump Zone" combo type? >_>

Also, what's the point of gravity in sidescrolling rooms right now if you can't climb the ladder to get back out of them?