PDA

View Full Version : Add Minish Cap Scrolls!...AND MORE!(requires some items)

FIERCEDEITY
12-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Lots of suggestions... so get ready! :)
1.I've ALWAYS hated how long it takes to charge up a sword...
So i'm thinking why not add a scroll that speeds up the charging process!
Like in the minish cap!!! that would be so awesome!
2.Add pegasus boots!(They would start out NOT running with the sword)
And also, MAYBE, just MAYBE you could put a rule that would automatically give the scrolls effect to the user (For those who want to just get the pegasus
boots WITH the sword-dash(Without needing to make room for another item))
But make sure to add it with the rule for those(Like me) who would like to have a scroll for the sword-dash.
3.A rocs cape. This would allow faster travel while in the air
4.The downward stab for the rocs cape (Like in the minish cap)
(You jump, then at the peak of the jump, you press the sword to do a downward stab!)
5.A Level 1 Shockwave scroll of some sort. This would make a small shockwave that stuns the enemies that get hit by it as if they were hit by the boomerang.This would work like the hammer scroll that allows you to charge it up.(First charge,hits the same enemies,does NOT throw them up into the air,and would have a shockwave tile or tiles)
6.A Level 2 Shockwave scroll. This would be like the level 1 shockwave scroll
EXCEPT it would have a larger radius, AND damage the enemies about as much as ONE slash from the wooden sword!(Would be GREAT for deafeating weak enemies)
7.A Hurricane spin scroll(LEVEL 1).You charge up your sword TWICE.(The second charge will NOT be sped up by the Quick Charge Scroll...It will charge the same speed as a 'non-Quick Charge scrolled' spin attack charge)
And you let go as you spin for about 10 rotations,you will spin in place unless you press a direction, if you press a direction, you will move nonstop in that direction(you can change direction) unable to stop, until you stop spinning.
(Sorry if that was hard to understand)

OR

If possible, INSTEAD, make it so that once the sword has charged up twice,
you have to tap the sword button to keep spinning...But if it is done this way,make it so you can spin forever until your magic runs out (Like in
Legend of Zelda:a Link to the Past:The Four Swords)
(This would eliminate the Lv.2 hurricane spin scroll)
8.Hurricane spin scroll(LEVEL 2), this will add 5 rotations to your hurricane spin.
9. A biggoron's sword. Just like in oracle of ages/seasons (It would have a rule that lets it take up both the A and B buttons if you want.)
Except this biggoron's sword will probably just be one tile wide (When displayed in the item screen) instead of two (Full size when used)
It would still be slow,and still displayed in the item screen (As i mentioned above) and it would do more damage than the master sword,
It would be unchargeable,and have no beam capabilities still... (It IS very powerful after all, AND TWICE as long as the regular swords)
10. A peril beam scroll. When you are at ONE heart or less left, you can shoot
a special beam that has TWICE the power of the sword itself!!!
11.Add Rocks that you can pick up and throw with the right bracelet.
12.Add Jars that you can pick up and throw with the right bracelet.
(The difference between these and rocks, is that rocks will not release bombs, arrows, or rupees when thrown (A rule will allow/disallow rupees from being released))
13.Rock Breaker Scroll, lets you break heavy rocks and jars (Only lets you break rocks/jars that you can carry)
14.The ability to carry bushes (With at least a level 1 bracelet)
15.Ability to roll(I dont know how you would activate this... Maybe tapping an arrow key 2 times will make you roll)
16.Roll attack scroll, just like in minish cap...But this time as long as you press the sword button DURING(Not at the end of) a roll to stab with your sword at the end of the roll!!!(This will be MUCH easier than the minish cap's method)

Whew....that's all....for now(A long while) ;)

EDIT: Now with capitalization!
I hope that helps a little *hopes*

FIERCEDEITY
12-07-2006, 08:45 PM
oops i mixed up the great spin attack, and the hurricane spin/blade...
if you ask me.....i would add both :D

Radien ZC
12-07-2006, 09:02 PM
If you want the programmers to read your suggestions, you might want to cut it down to the ones you actually want added the most. Or the ones that are the most reasonable. They already have a great deal of requests without having to pick and choose from one person's long list.

Just my take on it.

Lotus_Eater
12-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Also, use correct grammar and such, I got through about 1 or 2 lines before I decided I couldn't read anymore, little errors are one thing, refusing to use caps and such is totally different.

The_Amaster
12-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Well, the shock waves are (a bit) similar to the quake hammer scrolls, and the rocs cape can pretty much be done with the Hovor Boots. But yeah, this is a lot of suggestions, and the devs have a lot on their plate right now. Maybe when 2.5 comes out, you can use it's features to implement some of these yourself.

_L_
12-07-2006, 11:59 PM
Lots of suggestions... so get ready! :)
1.I've ALWAYS hated how long it takes to charge up a sword...
So i'm thinking why not add a scroll that speeds up the charging process!Sure, whatever, done. Only it'll be called a "Charge Ring", in deference to the Oracles games.

I'm going to double the time between the normal charge (Quake Hammer, Spin Attack) and the magic charge (Super Quake, Hurricane Spin) in the next beta. Charge Ring L1 will reduce it back to beta 15's rate, while leaving the normal charge rate unchanged.

Charge Ring L2 will also halve the normal charge rate, and as such is comparable to the Oracles' Charge Ring.

10. A peril beam scroll. When you are at ONE heart or less left, you can shoot
a special beam that has TWICE the power of the sword itself!!!Actually, it'll just be a regular sword beam. But it sounds like it requires minimal output on my behalf... done.

That's all I feel like doing at the moment concerning your requests.