PDA

View Full Version : The Enemy Editor?

Lotus_Eater
12-07-2006, 09:53 AM
I have heard a couple people say the enemy editor will be present in 2.5, that would be great, but I have one question, will we be able to expand the enemy tiles with it as well, make enemies 2x2 or even larger? Also going with this, will we be able to expand item tiles? This could be rather useful for things like monster and link death animations.

Thanks,
Lotus

Imprisoned
12-07-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm not really sure but what enemy editor would it be with only 1x1 enemies?

Shoelace
12-07-2006, 05:14 PM
I argee! Since I will be using Big Link for sure, it would be nice for the enemies not to look like Midgets compared to Link.

Lotus_Eater
12-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Wow, so people actually agree with me, there's a rarity, and designer actually know if they'll be doing this.

Master_of_Power
12-07-2006, 05:52 PM
I think the enemy editor will be simple.

Speed, size, projectiles, damage, and some preset behaviors to choose from. Thats about it.

Radien ZC
12-07-2006, 09:04 PM
I've witnessed a programmer saying that extended enemy tiles are just as possible as extended Link tiles, and it's merely a matter of programming them all one by one until all the enemies are ready. And since an enemy editor is upcoming, it makes sense to save it all until the editor menus are up and running, right?

Lotus_Eater
12-07-2006, 09:42 PM
All I really need or want is the ability to have duplicate enemies and be able to adjust their size, everything else is mere candy.

I hope you are right Raiden.