PDA

View Full Version : Wand & Mirror Puzzles

boram_c
12-06-2006, 02:02 AM
As a buff for new quests, I enjoy new puzzles, including those involving the Wand and a room full of mirrors, prisms, magic sponges, and switches that require reflected magic to activate. As a new quest builder, however, I am learning the hard way that it is difficult to create good Wand puzzles.

First, can someone help me create such a single-trigger Wand puzzle for a specific room? This room has doors on the North, West, and East walls. The objective is to use magic to open the shut North door. The East wall has two doors: one on the northern half and another on the southern half. The Northeast section of the room is blocked off so that a player arriving from the West door has only the southern door on the East wall available. The North door is only accessable from the northern door on the East wall.

If you are interested in helping, I can e-mail you a screenshot of the room so you can better visualize and plan out a puzzle. Remember that the player trying to open the North wall door is restricted to the northeastern section of the room.

Second, if anybody with knowlege in Wand puzzles has plenty of spare time, could you create a tutorial on how to make Wand puzzles so that future quest builders can refer to it whenever needed?

smileyrandom
12-06-2006, 12:13 PM
I would be interested in this. Screenie please:)