PDA

View Full Version : Man caught faking retardation after 20 years

Beldaran
12-05-2006, 11:14 PM
So basically some dude pretended to be retarded for 20 years so he could get social welfare checks.

Busted. (http://www.local6.com/news/10469771/detail.html)

People are hillariously dumb.

Breaker
12-06-2006, 12:30 AM
it happens a lot more than you can probably imagine.

ctrl-alt-delete
12-06-2006, 12:35 AM
What a retard.

Haha...Get it? Retard!

...Nevermind.

Jigglysaint
12-06-2006, 12:43 AM
How could a person possibly stand living 20 years pretending to be dumb like that? Some days I can barely survive 30 miniutes talking to some guy who talks about what he does every day in a unintellegable voice. I can't imagine faking that for 20 whole years.

ShadowTiger
12-06-2006, 12:46 AM
There was an episode of Just Shoot Me where Elliot's cousin or something pretended to be retarded for a lot of his life. He admitted it to Maya on the couch, but, as in most episodes, she couldn't prove it. She even tried to come onto him to prove it, but he was smarter than that. It took Jack Galo's stupidity to bring this guy out into the public by showing him how vacuum tubes work in an office environment. Hearing him shout in an increasingly angry tone "Vacuum! :nerd: " was hilarious. Great episode.

BTW, don't assume that it's impossible for a person not to say something for an extended period of time. I don't recall saying a single thing today. I write and type without a problem. Easily faked, apparently.

Rainman
12-06-2006, 03:36 AM
Not nearly as common as people pretending to be smart when they are actually retarded.

Breaker
12-06-2006, 06:42 AM
I meant people frauding social security to get a check.. I doubt very much this guy was pretending to be retarded 24/7.

Aegix Drakan
12-06-2006, 08:51 AM
wow...

Thats just dumb. If you are FAKING retardation, you do NOT apear in court to challenge a ticket!

In fact, perhaps that proves the guy IS retarded! Nobody should be THAT stupid, (unless you're lightning-z of course).

Modus Ponens
12-06-2006, 01:39 PM
There was an episode of Just Shoot Me where Elliot's cousin or something pretended to be retarded for a lot of his life.

That was hilarious. The guy was played by comic gem David Cross. Jack Gallo was trying to convince him that it was hot air that pushes the canister from the drive-thru banking service to the customer and back again. Of course, it's a vacuum tube, as Cross' character feebly tried to suggest in as retarded a manner as possible, which, in itself was great, but Jack insisted that it was hot air. When he said that "it's the same principle that causes the Pop Tart to leap up out of the toaster," Cross' character lost it and screamed in a completely normal (albeit furiously exasperated) voice, "IT'S A VACUUM, YOU MORON!"

I liked that show.

Shit, I'm late for school.

DarkDragoonX
12-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Thats just dumb. If you are FAKING retardation, you do NOT apear in court to challenge a ticket!

In fact, perhaps that proves the guy IS retarded!

No, that just makes him a dumbass. Not quite the same thing.

MasterSwordUltima
12-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Faking sick to get out of school to the MAX! [except in this case, to get dollars]