PDA

View Full Version : Evil things to do with Custom Items

idontknow
12-05-2006, 02:12 PM
I just thought of some great, and very evil, things to do with custom items!

First, you could have a shop with what appears to be two identical heart containers. However, one item is a real heart container, and the other is a custom one that actually takes away a heart container! The player must be careful which one he chooses!

Also, you could possibly have 'fake' rupees that take away rupees instead of give them to you!

What other ideas do you have for custom items?

C-Dawg
12-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Sword upgrades and downgrades as pickuable items, much like Fester's Quest. And, of course, more varieties of sword.

That was the most irritating mechanic in the history of video games.

Imprisoned
12-05-2006, 03:42 PM
I got the evilest idea ever...

Someone plays your quest and gets the level 4 sword after completing level 9 and faces Ganon. Then Ganon starts shooting sword downgrade items!!! Kekekeke! The player would be like "OMGWTFLVL1WOODENSWORDGODDAMNSH*T:angry: :mad: :( :unhappy: :thumbsdn: :disgust: :blah: :cry: !!!"

ShadowTiger
12-05-2006, 08:19 PM
@ IDK: I was planning on doing that with a "Mine" type item. If you stepped on it, it'd explode. (Assuming custom scripts can be assigned to items.) Or, at least, it'd be a "railroad spike" looking item, which, upon stepping on it, does the opposite of a heart pickup.

Tygore
12-06-2006, 02:01 AM
:think:

Custom Items

+

Custom Take One Rooms

=

Custom "Money or Life" Rooms!

This could prove interesting. "Leave your Arrows or your Bombs!" "Your Life or your Magic!" "Cake or Death?"

billyronald
12-06-2006, 12:14 PM
a ruppy that gets in your your way and take away 100 ruppies (put a lot in a quest and it is evil :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: )

Modus Ponens
12-06-2006, 01:50 PM
"Cake or Death?"

Very well, give him cake.

Man, with all the latest ZC innovations, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to be a dormant quest builder. As soon as I come down off my Twilight Princess high, I'll be sure to hit the ZC sauce often and with vigor.

*b*
12-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Faries that kill you. Navi's revenge for all those jokes and comments

Imprisoned
12-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Actually, I would recommend fairies YOU could kill. Navi always screamed "HEY!!!" which was kinda annoying :tongue:

Also you can make those fake rupees, make a shop with a rupee costing 101 rupees.
:O)
Also invisible guy and only a space in the string.

Petoe
12-06-2006, 02:59 PM

Heh... beware The Fairy of Doom!

That heart container suggestion was too harsh, but I like the idea of items that take your life or your rupees away.

*b*
12-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Actually, I would recommend fairies YOU could kill. Navi always screamed "HEY!!!" which was kinda annoying :tongue:

Only this time around, it'd be more like "HEY, BITCH!!!". Then she flies inside Link's hat and eats his brain

Another one I thought of is Wallets. The first one you get lets you carry 500 Ruppes, then the next would be 999, then finally, 1. I'd pay to see people's reaction to that

Nimono
12-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Only this time around, it'd be more like "HEY, BITCH!!!". Then she flies inside Link's hat and eats his brain

Another one I thought of is Wallets. The first one you get lets you carry 500 Ruppes, then the next would be 999, then finally, 1. I'd pay to see people's reaction to that

I think I'll do that. :P I'll start you off with a wallet that only allows you to hold ONE SINGLE RUPEE, then after a little while, you find one that allows 200, and then it climbs from there- 1,000 to 5,000. :o

WindStrike
12-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Ooo... I got one - Question mark blocks. Since you can now have all those extra item slots, copy all the rupee and heart slots and anything else you can pick up randomly from enemies and then set them all to one sprite - Question marks. Pretty much, YOU have to the decision to pick them up: Are you going to gain or lose health, gain or lose money, gain or lose magic... this one is really evil - Get a standard clock or a clock that, when picked up, makes you freeze in place and the enemies because invulnerable for a set amount of time. Pick up bombs - replenish your stock or blow yourself up. Pick up arrows - replenish or stab yourself by "random chances."

And maybe when just about every item in the game can be set to random pick up (eventually), we could question mark block 'em and pick up other evil things - good things as of course. Ya know... come to think of it, if we can set every item in the game to random pick up (given that you allow us to do that with the custom item editor when it is fully complete), that really would be one of the first steps toward multiplayer play, even though that definitely won't come out for another 2 or 3 years at minimum. I just imagine massive battles... heck, someone could probably make a Mario Kart Battle quest given the number of features by that time. Ok, maybe I'm just "farfetchifying" everything, but I'm just saying that this item editor would be a good step towards multiplayer related stuff.

Jigglysaint
12-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Are Link and Navi even from the same series?

See what happens when you post the first thing that pops into your mind? I swear my house has a portal to the land of stupidity inside somewhere.

Nicholas Steel
12-07-2006, 03:41 AM
navi is for link in OOT -.-'

Master_of_Power
12-07-2006, 07:59 AM
Piece of Weakness - when taken your attack power reduces dramaticly and you take twice the damage you normally would

Imprisoned
12-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Respawn All Enemies - After killing a boss/enemy, it would drop a fake-Heart Container which would let the boss/enemy respawn. That would be cool too.

Jigglysaint
12-07-2006, 03:38 PM
navi is for link in OOT -.-'

I know that. The point of my post was that I said the first thing that popped into my mind, and that was it.

Like I said, there's a portal to the world of stupidity inside my closet.

Modus Ponens
12-07-2006, 10:44 PM
... there's a portal to the world of stupidity inside my closet.

What were you doing in your closet?

_L_
12-08-2006, 11:13 AM
And maybe when just about every item in the game can be set to random pick up (eventually),
Hmmmm.

ShadowTiger
12-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Hmmmm.

Posts like this scare me. Just a little bit. http://www.purezc.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/icon_heh.gif

I'm more inclined to craft a custom item according to ZQuest's current abilities. As far as I'm concerned though, it needs two things: 1) The ability to post these custom items in the Subscreen editor as usable items, like the hammer, boomerang, etc. 2) The ability to attach custom scripts to them.

I'm assuming that you're all operating under similar premises?

idontknow
12-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Actually, while those are important, it's important to note that my original post that started this thread, you can do any of those things--i believe. You just go to sprites->items and then click one of the custom items (z###) and then you edit it so it looks like the heart container.

Then click the "Action" tab. Then you can make it refer to the heart container counter (whichever one that is; i don't quite know yet) And then have it add -1 to the counter (subtract a heart container)

A similar thing with rupees. I already made a custom rupee that is worth 2 rupees & it actually works! You pretty much can make a rupee, bomb pack, arrows, & so forth worth any increment, rather than simply using the default increments (for bombs those would be 1, 4, 8, & 30?)

ShadowTiger
12-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Yes IDK, it's as The Guide (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23843&st=0) dictates. I see more people thinking of insane things to do with it than sticking to the realm of possibilities which can actually exhibit themselves today though.

A similar thing with rupees. I already made a custom rupee that is worth 2 rupees & it actually works! You pretty much can make a rupee, bomb pack, arrows, & so forth worth any increment, rather than simply using the default increments (for bombs those would be 1, 4, 8, & 30?)Thing is, making it a normal droppable. :p

*b*
12-10-2006, 05:03 AM
Piece of Weakness - when taken your attack power reduces dramaticly and you take twice the damage you normally would

As it is, I don't think that's possible. But it's a cool idea, though. Disguise that as a Triforce shard or 200 Rupee, or something