PDA

View Full Version : New DoR Link in the works

Dart Zaidyer
12-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Because of NeoFirst and the new features in 2.11, I've decided to start working on a new version of DoR Link. Here's what I've got so far...

http://users.sephiroth.ws/DartZaidyer/dor-linkextest2.gif

With Z3 Animation enabled, he'll probably animate at about twice that speed, but that's as fast as I could get him to go in that gif. Later on, I also want to give him a shadow that will use a darker floor color from the level palette, so it changes wherever he goes and looks to the player as if it's translucent.

Does this look suitable to finish up for inclusion in NeoFirst?

Nimono
12-04-2006, 01:30 PM
I like it, but animating at twice that speed? O_o I wish the developers would allow us to tell how fast Link animates. I actually like the speed at which he's animating in that .gif. It looks very realistic at that speed, if you ask me. :)

_L_
12-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Nifty!

Master_of_Power
12-05-2006, 07:04 AM
I like it too, but see the way the right hand moves? when its fullly to the front, the left arm should be fully to the back, and according to the angle at which the arm moves, you should be able to see a portion of the left arm when its at the back.

At least... thats how I see it...

Imprisoned
12-05-2006, 08:48 AM
/That's cool... And yeah you should make the left hand appear a bit... also his feet look funny... but I would rate it 9/10.

ShadowTiger
12-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Eh, looks wonderful to me. :p Little pixel variations can be fixed easily enough, I suppose, and new tiles can be added from ones which already exist.

I'm just wondering if Link should do his tumble-style jump, or to leave it as a "normal" jump, as Link can slash in midair, apparently. (Can't he?)