PDA

View Full Version : Bongo Bongo Script

Lotus_Eater
12-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Ok, so we all remember the boss from OoT.

Well I have tried making a custom boss out of him with decent success, but a script may be a much better way to go, now I no nothing about programming so this would be way out of my ability range.

Here is the idea, you must shoot each hand with an arrow once to make his eye vulnerable, then you have a second or so to whack it as many times as you want. You need to hit him some 10-15 times with the white sword to kill him.
Each hand will only be vulnerable to attack during it's attack stage. The attack stage will alternate regularly back and forth, each hand will move down a tile or so, then diagonally for a short period, then sweep across the screen till only 1/3 of the screen isn't stuck. It'd be best if the hand aimed for link by dropping down far enough to actually strike him, so you just don't stand in one spot out of reach the whole time. I think it would be also cool if after you hit his eye, he brings both hands up then down on the drum, causing damage to you unless you jumped. This could also occur if you haven't managed to hit either hand in a row. SO you miss the right, then mis the left, he hits the drum, but if you hit one, but not the other, then he shakes his hand and starts again.

So, is this possible with current scripting abilities or not? If so, would anyone be willing to make one. I can supply the graphics, I have already started Bongo Bongo, he isn't perfect yet, but he'll be done pretty soon I am sure.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g213/Biokanan/Bongoinplay.png

Thanks,
Lotus

C-Dawg
12-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Possible once we can get TWO native flags instead of one. Otherwise, you need to rely on the old screen animation method.

1. Save number of the combo initially used by the FFC combo making up the hand, so you can check to see if the combo changes. The combo used by the FFC should have native arrow and singular flags. Not possible yet.
2. Set a variable telling the game which hand is vulnerable
3. Execute that hand's attack animation.
4. If that hand's combo changes (due to the arrow flag), the hand falls limp for a period of time and will not attack when it is that hand's turn.
5. Repeat for the other hand (unless it's limp) until both hands are down. That is, when both have switched combos due to the arrow flags being triggered.
6. At that point, the code should switch combos on the screen (or on FFCs) to show a vulnerable boss head with native sword flags. Use tiered secrets to allow up to 16 hits on the boss per screen (with the 16th hit triggering a warp to the next screen of the boss if you want) and use combo animation to slow down the triggering of the sword combos (that is, the sword combo's secret flag is assigned to a combo that is NOT a sword combo, but cylces back to one in about 15 tics. If you don't do this, the sword combo will trigger dozens of time per swing of the sword).

Lotus_Eater
12-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Hmm, is it bad that I understand, oh, nothing that you just said, coding ain't my thing, that's why I posted under the requests section, hoping that someone would have pity on my poor soul and be willing to code him. I do hope to learn how to use ZScript, but just haven't yet, I am waiting for a big fat idiots guide, also what is FCC? I keep hearing it, but don't know what it is.

The_Amaster
12-06-2006, 10:49 PM
FCC stands for freeform combo. It basicly means any combo that actually does anything, and doesnt just sit there and (maybe) react. Most scripts are assigned to FCC, as Bongo Bongo probably will.

Lotus_Eater
12-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Ok, so the FCC's are used by scripts, but not normally used?

Master_of_Power
12-07-2006, 05:58 PM
no no, FCC's are currently the only scriptable objects in ZC at the moment.

The_Amaster
12-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Using just ZQuest you can give the FCC's very basic movement(back and forth), etc. But anything more complex requires a script.

_L_
12-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Hey guys, it's FFC, not FCC.

Lotus_Eater
12-07-2006, 09:44 PM
My bad, I started it.

And the actually would be very useful for me Amaster, I am going to have to take a closer look at them.