PDA

View Full Version : where is link

ripper714
12-03-2006, 04:38 PM
when I worp to a dmap link appeers in the upper left corner how do i fix this

Nimono
12-03-2006, 04:42 PM
Place the Blue and/or Green Square where you want him to appear. It's as simple as that. In Dungeon and Cave DMaps, place the Green Square where you want Link to begin after quitting or continuing after dying/fast quitting and where to appear after an Entrance/Exit warp. However, on the Overworld, all the Green Square does is tell the game where to continue from.

ripper714
12-03-2006, 04:52 PM
a green square dosnt do anything i know it is me please help i am new and realy want to build a cool quest

Nimono
12-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Well first, please try your best to use better English. That kind of speaking is generally frowned upon around here, because it can get very hard to understand someone if they talk like that with incorrect spelling and run-on sentences. Anyways, what I mean by Green Square is this:

Press Page Down until you see (in the bottom gray box) some squares. If you are using Zelda Classic vserion 2.10 or below, you'll most likely see a Blue Rupee, a Staircase, a Blue Square, a Green Square, and a Flag waving. Click on the Blue Square to set where Link will appear on this screen after exiting any tile warp except Entrance/Exit, but that's on Dungeon-type DMaps only. Green is for starting locations and Entrance/Exit appearances in Dungeon DMaps and Cave DMaps. It makes no sense to me. I hope that's clear enough for you. If the Green Square isn't working no matter where you put it, then you're obviously using the wrong Square. Place Blue Square instead. Likewise, if Blue Square isn't working, place Green Square instead. Please take note, though, that neither of these squares will work if you warp using the Direct Warp combo. That sends you to the exact X and Y position of Link last time on the screen you warp to. So, if you step on a direct warp combo at 60,60 (That's x-coordinate 60, y-coordinate 60, by the way.), when you warp, you'll be at coordinates 60,60. Understand?

The_Amaster
12-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Chances are that your going to have more questions like this, so check out Alphadawgs tutorial in the thread "Gwt Alphadawgs Tutorial Here", located near the top of the quest eidtor forums. It covers all the basic stuff like this.

LinkMaster500
12-04-2006, 01:25 AM
Check the Tile Warp. If the warp type is anything other than Entrance/Exit, use the blue placement square. If the warp type is Entrance/Exit, then use the green square to place Link.

For your information, Entrance/Exit is the warp style used in the original Legend of Zelda when Link enters and exits dungeons.

ripper714
12-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Thank you.

This worked, I didn't know about the squares when you push the page up and down

Nimono
12-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Check the Tile Warp. If the warp type is anything other than Entrance/Exit, use the blue placement square. If the warp type is Entrance/Exit, then use the green square to place Link.

For your information, Entrance/Exit is the warp style used in the original Legend of Zelda when Link enters and exits dungeons.

WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THAT THE GREEN SQUARE IS USED FOR ALL ENTRANCE/EXIT WARPS?! Seriously, quit believing that! Here's the deal about that:

The Green Square is used in Dungeon and Cave DMaps to set the continue point and appear from Entrance/Exit warps. On the Overworld, IT'S ONLY USED FOR CONTINUING A GAME. Try putting the green square at the exit to a dungeon on the Overworld without putting the blue square. Make sure you come out using an Entrance/Exit warp. YOU'LL APPEAR AT COORDINATES 0,0, OR THE UPPER-LEFTHAND CORNER. I've mentioned the Green Square's functions twice in this thread, and people STILL ignore it. Why?

The_Amaster
12-04-2006, 06:37 PM
This worked, I didn't know about the squares when you push the page up and down
Like I said, check out the tutorial. ALL the basic stuff is there.
(I'm not really writing this to you, but this is for all the other new people who might read this thrad. Kinda a broadcast.)

LinkMaster500
12-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Yes you are correct pikaguy9000. You still have to set the blue square for Entrance/Exit warps. I knew the green square played a role in these warps, but I should have looked in my quest in progress before replying with my last post rather than trying to just remember it.

Thank you and hopefully ripper714 has fixed his problem.

erm2003
12-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Green squares also serve as the point at which Link appears when arriving on a screen via a whistle warp. Just thought I would add that in too.

LinkMaster500
12-05-2006, 04:19 AM
Yes that is correct.