PDA

View Full Version : Custom Boss: Bongo Bongo

Lotus_Eater
12-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Ok, so I am working on my first custom boss, and it's progressing decently, but I am having some major issues with it. It appears that I suck with Flags and Secrets.
Here's how I wanted him to work. His two hands wander around the screen, you kill them both, then can attack the eye in the center, when you hit the eye, his hands regrow and you do it again, after a couple times he starts shooting fireballs, then after a couple more he starts shooting fireballs out of his arm stubs as well.
So I'd need Enemy -> Secrets, which causes the sword triggers under the eye, then if you slash the eye it causes the whole map to dump into direct warps.
I thought I had it set up right, but whenever you swing the sword you warp, instead of having it in the specific location and after you kill the hands.

Here is a screeny for those who are interested.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g213/Biokanan/BongoBongo.png

Thanks,
Lotus

The_Amaster
12-03-2006, 06:35 PM
My personal advice is to wait until 2.5 comes out in a bit. The enemy editor there will make this much easier.

Lotus_Eater
12-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Actually the flags are what is killing me, but it may work better with a script, that way the hand motions will work better.

LinkMaster500
12-04-2006, 01:26 AM
I don't think Version 2.11 is even fully released yet and is still under beta-testing. What's this talk of 2.5 about?

erm2003
12-04-2006, 06:30 AM
When the final release is set for the betas it has been known that it will officially be called ZC 2.5 instead of 2.11.

Imprisoned
12-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Yeah, you should wait for 2.5 to come out first. But who knows, there already might be a Bongo Bongo implemented in 2.5... but that's just a dream.

Lotus_Eater
12-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Considering as best I can tell I am the first person to suggest a Bongo Bongo for ZQuest, I highly doubt it. I am going to continue working on him though, because then when 2.5 comes out and if it has an enemy editor, I will be ready to go with all the GFX and know exactly how to set up my nice and fancy Bongo Bongo with the extra enemies making better hands.

C-Dawg
12-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Yea, you can do this entirely through scripting in 2.15. But since you can't give a combo TWO native flags (strike AND singular) you're sort of limited.

Here's the key: In ZScript, you can't detect whether Link's weapon is somewhere. But you CAN detect whether an FFC has changed combo. Consider that.

Lotus_Eater
12-06-2006, 07:06 PM
I don't know anything about scripting at all, but am getting pretty far at doing him entirely with enemies and triggers and secrets. I need to learn tiered secrets to make him work all the way though.